Jobs at:Kivu Choice Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, April 16 2023
Date Posted:Sunday, April 16 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Location: 90% Kigali, 10% Lake Kivu region
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Start date: May 2023
About Kivu Choice:
Kivu Choice is the sister company to Victory Farms, the largest aquaculture platform in East Africa, based in Kenya. We launched our Rwandan business in Q4 of 2021 and have since built a vertically integrated aquaculture company with associated hatchery, cage production, distribution, and sales operations. Over the next 5 years our plan is to scale to become the largest and most sustainable protein producer in the country, producing and distributing over 50 million fish meals per year across Rwanda, DRC, and Burundi.
About the Role
The role of the Finance Accountant is to maintain the General Ledger and provide quality assurance on the accuracy of: Fixed Assets Register, Imported Feed Valuation, Biomass Computation & Withholding Taxes. The position will offer great opportunity for growth in the People and Culture division.
What you will do:
• Ensure timely and accurate valuation & Postings of Imported Feeds.
• Work closely with the Finance Manager to manage month-end and year-end closing activities
• Timely and accurate update of the Fixed Assets Register
• Time and accurate capture of monthly depreciation journals into the core reporting system
• Work closely with the external auditors to ensure any audit queries are expeditiously resolved and audit finalized within the budgeted time and cost.
• Timely and accurate valuation & postings of monthly Biomass figure.
• Oversee periodic vendor statements reconciliations.
• Ensures completeness and accuracy of the financial transactions.
• Update of monthly FX rates on Xero
• Monthly reconciliation of Control Accounts
• Posting of monthly payroll JVs
• Assist in periodic stock take and inventory reconciliation.
What we’re looking for:
• Education level: bachelor’s degree in finance or any related Business Degree. CPA/ACCA certification will be an added advantage.
• Experience: At least 4 years’ experience working in finance & accounting
• Strong interpersonal skills and effective communication skills
• Excels in a startup environment by staying organized, not being afraid to take initiative and willing to jump in and help wherever needed.
• Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda,
What we offer
• The opportunity to be part of a high impact mission, high growth company, and enjoyable work environment
• Competitive salary based on level of experience and position fit
• Annual bonus tied to individual, department, and company performance
• Health Insurance, best available in Rwanda
• Flexible and hybrid schedule with remote work available
• 18 paid leave of absence
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.