Deadline of this Job:
28 January 2022
Date Posted: Monday, January 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
NOUSPR-UBUMUNTU is an organization that advocates for people with psychosocial disabilities, it serves as platform for them to raise their voice to demand for services and rights that other citizens get. People with psychosocial Disabilities have, since time immemorial been faced with various challenges of being un heard, feared, misconceived as violent, evil possessed, dangerous, harmful and non-productive.
A world in which all people with psychosocial disabilities are treated with the respect and dignity that enables them to enjoy their human rights in all aspects of their lives. Immemorial been faced with various challenges of being un heard, feared, misconceived as violent, evil possessed, dangerous, harmful and non-productive.
To advocate for and with people with psychosocial disability and to provide a platform for a unified and empowered voice that is able to achieve the provision of necessary services and opportunities and to have their interests and human rights fully promoted and protected
Dignity, Respect, Honesty, Integrity, and transparency
Duties And Responsibilities For Accountant.
• Take ownership of the day-to-day operations of the Accounting/Finance department and maintain the integrity of the general ledger at all times.
• Supervise and review all balance sheet recons and supporting schedules (including bank statements, fixed assets, accruals, prepayments, deferred revenue, and maintain an audit file to support financial numbers.
• Process monthly payroll.
• Prepare and submit monthly/yearly returns (PAYE, RSSB, WHT, etc.) in line with Rwandan law.
• Ensure timely payments of all invoices for NOUSPR in line with established donor and organizational financial procedures and regulations.
• Ensuring proper documentation of payment vouchers and all other supporting documents.
• Process for payment and maintain individual staff mission expenditure; advances and balances.
• Keep and maintain daily updates of all the required NOUSPR’s books of accounts, records, inventory, and files in order and all financial transactions captured and entered in SAGE accounting software.
• Provide support with filing and administration of financial procedures.
• Undertake timely preparation of bank and petty cash reconciliations.
• Prepare documentation and audit files for project audits done by external auditors and participate in verifying partner expenditure.
• Support in partner sub-contracting agreements and partner financial assessments when required.
• Supporting financial statement audits and special reporting to donors
• Liaise with banks, tax authority, and other relevant external parties.
• Assist Project manager in Preparation of the annual budget and advice him/her in spend up.
• Such other duties in respect of the origination as may be reasonably assigned by Executive Director.
• At least Bachelor’s degree level in accounting Or Finance.
• 1-3 years’ experience in Accounting or Finance preferably in Local NGOs. Having worked with persons with disabilities is an added advantage
• Strongly proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and working knowledge of accounting software (SAGE 100) would be a definite advantage.
• High level of written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively at various levels.
• Ability to manage time and prioritizing tasks to a high standard to meet deadlines (capability to deal with several projects in parallel).
• Excellent knowledge of compliance and regulatory environment in Rwanda
Note: Female and persons with disabilities candidates are encouraged to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36 12:00:00 AM Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates and fulfilling the requirements should send their hard copy applications including motivation letter, CV with 3 professional referees, and academic documents to NOUSPR office located in Kimihurura Sector, Rugando Cell at KG 6, Av 72 in Gasasa Village, not later January 28, 2022; latest 4h00 PM or 16h00.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.