Jobs at:Protestant Institute of Arts and Social Sciences (PIASS)
Deadline of this Job:
18 April 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Protestant Institute of Arts and Social Sciences (PIASS) would like to recruit the Accountant to perform the following tasks:
1. Key responsibilities
1.1. Accounting operations
• Maintain and file the accounting documents including: financial records, ledger, chart of accounts, trial balance accounts, account book, income statement and balance sheet;
• Collecting all supporting documents for Expenditures and classify them properly.
• Provide all necessary information to Chief Accountant in order to provide Required Reports
• Prepare all payment notes together with their corresponding cheques
• Rapidly treat documents entrusted to him/her
• Pick out all expenditures in order to ensure the availability of the required budget, the compliance of documents of proof and treasure verification.
• Check the monthly bank reconciliations and accounting adjustments
• Replace the Chief Accountant if need be due to Emergency situation.
• Record all financial transactions in accounting software.
1.2. Recovery and Petty cash book control
• Regularly Control Petty Cash box held by Cashier
• To establish the daily statements of receipts and expenditures and submit them to accountant for imputation
• To register all pay slips into new PIASS software
• To Ensure that access cards are being properly used, and checking if students are accessing studies and other PIASS’s services are those who have access cards
• To register all signed cheques and distribute them to relevant beneficiaries
• To perform any other duties assigned by his/her supervisors
• Hold at least a university bachelor’s degree (A0) preferably specialized in accounting or finance
• Experience of at least 5 years as accountant
• Computer skills such as Ms Excel, Ms Word, PowerPoint, internet …
• Ability to delivery good service to everyone including students
• Good knowledge of technical and communication
• Able to work overtime and under pressure
• Fluency in English
3. Application documents required
Application files should contain the following documents:
• Motivation letter in English addressed to the Vice Chancellor of PIASS
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae written in English
• Service certificates provided by the former employers
• Church recommendation letter
• Certified copies of university degrees and other certificates
• Any other supporting document deemed important by the applicant
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should submit copy of their application files via email: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 18th April, 2022 at 5pm. The written exam and interview for the shortlisted applicants will be done on 21 April 2022 at 9:00 am.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.