Jobs at:RTI International
Deadline of this Job:
25 July 2022
Date Posted: Friday, July 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Organization Overview Research Triangle Institute (RTI) has over 30 years’ experience assisting governments, communities, and the private sector. RTI's Sustainable Growth & Resilience (SG&R) technical unit within the International Development Group (IDG) brings together RTI experts and capabilities across food security, agriculture, energy, environment, water, governance, and economic opportunity. SG&R will leverage RTI's experience designing and delivering multisectoral programming and technical solutions to respond to climate change, build resilience, and promote economic growth around the world. Within SG&R, the Global Food Security and Agriculture team is working to strengthen agricultural markets, engage youth and women as critical leaders of the on- and off-farm workforce, and tackle the dual burden of malnutrition around the globe. Project Description The purpose of the recently awarded Feed the Future Rwanda Kungahara Uhanga Akazi (KUA) Activity is to address the problem of insufficient employment opportunities and limited entrepreneurial success for Rwandans. KUA will facilitate capacity development for Rwandans – particularly women, youth, and persons with disabilities – in key technical and soft skills required to participate in a modern workforce and will catalyze new entry and growth of inclusive enterprises. The program will be based in Rwanda. Position Description
RTI is hiring an Accountant on the Feed the Future Rwanda Kungahara Uhanga Akazi (KUA) Activity. The Accountant is responsible for providing support for all financial aspects of the project. This position will be based in Kigali, Rwanda, and will report to the Finance and Administration Manager.
Responsibilities of the Accountant include, but are not limited to:
• Supports the Finance and Administration Manager to ensure appropriate systems are in place for timely and cost-effective disbursement, accounting, budgeting, and reporting of project funds in compliance with local and USAID regulations.
• Provide functional support for RTI’s finance and accounting function.
• Manage expenses and other financial transactions, mainly involving expense entry, tracking, and record keeping.
• Reviews expenses and financial transactions to ensure they are compliant with RTI procedures and terms of the agreement
• Support partner (e.g., subcontractor, vendor, grantee) financial management, in coordination with the Finance and Admin Manager, Procurement Specialist, and Grants Manager
• Prepare and submit monthly expense reports to the RTI home office.
• Review expenses and financial transactions to ensure they are compliant with RTI procedures and terms of the agreement.
• Maintain inventory tracking system and conduct periodic reviews to ensure compliance with RTI procedures and terms of the agreement.
• Perform the cash management functions required in maintaining RTI bank accounts.
• Manage petty cash accounts.
• Recommend improvements related to the project’s financial management to regional controller based on compliance review findings to improve quality of reporting
• Review and submit monthly bank reconciliations.
• Respond to requests from the Regional Controller and other business partners.
• In collaboration with the Finance and Admin Manager, provide training materials for other project staff and partners as needed to improve financial management. Desired Qualifications, Skills And Competencies
• Master’s degree and 1 year of experience, or bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience.
• Previous experience with USAID-funded programs, and articulate with USAID policies and procedures related to financial management, financial reporting, and grants.
• Results-oriented and focused, with the ability to consistently follow and apply the guidelines and controls required of the position.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Budgeting, financial analysis, and excellent MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access skills required.
• Proficiency with accounting software (QuickBooks preferred).
• Ability to work well in team environment and train others in financial reporting.
• Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills; able to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and lead multidisciplinary teams.
• Verbal and written fluency in English
• Strong organizational, communications, interpersonal, and presentation skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.