Jobs at:Rwanda Green Fund
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, April 29 2023
Date Posted:Saturday, April 29 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
1. Prepare indirect payments for both ordinary and development budget by participating in the development of key priorities/Action Plan for the Fund. Prepare and receive purchase orders and Payment Requisition Vouchers. Post payment in smart IFMIS through local mode (indirect payments). Ensure approval of payment and submission to BNR.
2. Check regularly payments made by BNR.
3. Strengthen and maintain network with BNR and MINECOFIN focal persons.
4. Coordinate the Preparation of bank accounts reconciliation statements. Verify and analyse financial statements for consistency.
5. Consolidate the accounting information and fill in the reporting format provided by MINECOFIN
6. Follow up the approval of the financial statement report before the deadline and ensure that they are submitted to MINECOFIN in due time.
7. Follow up to ensure accounting coding and budgeting lines are correct: this includes verification of financial reports, expenses and supporting documents.
8. Keep up to date with developments in the financial management discipline/sector.
9. Contribute to improvement of internal controls that reduce risks.
Financial document management
1. Filing of accounting documents.
2. Put in place a proper Filing system.
3. Ensure regular Filing of accounting documents for indirect payments.
4. Facilitate internal and external audits.
5. Responsible for transparent and consistent filing of all accounting, banking and cash management documents.
6. Check and control to ensure quality and completeness of justification and supporting accounting documents of all expenses following financial guidelines and periodic reports.
Governance, Compliance and Risk Management
1. Declare and pay VAT and withholding taxes of THE FUND service providers. Identify THE FUND service providers whose VAT and withholding taxes are to be declared and paid.
2. Fill in the RRA format for both VAT and withholding taxes.
3. Process online declaration of VAT and withholding taxes though RRA website and print acknowledgement receipts.
4. File monthly VAT and withholding taxes declarations.
5. Account receivable and payables management
6. Prepare, register and keep cheques.
7. Verify staff payroll for bank transfers at the end of each month. •Ensures all invoices from external parties (contractors, suppliers among others) are paid in due time.
8. Review and approve payment documents and submit to Director of Finance for approval.
9. Attend and record all bank transactions, maintain bank accounts, ensure monthly bank statements and account overviews.
10. Manage petty cash including regular daily cash counts, verification of balance of cash book and cash-on-hand, establishment and signature of cash count statements.
1. Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business administration or Commerce with specialization in finance or accounting
2. Having a professional qualification eg. CIA, ACCA, CPA, etc. is an added advantage.
At least 2-3 years of relevant working experience in finance, accounting or auditing in a reputable organization.
1. Clear understanding of the Organic Law on State Finance and Property.
2. Knowledge of Rwanda's financial management standards and procedures.
3. Good working knowledge of SMART IFMIS software.
4. Knowledge of Accounting principles and practices and financial statement and reporting.
5. Familiar with the MINECOFIN Annual Planning and Budget Call Circular (PBCC) and the data required from user departments in the Fund.
6. Familiar with internal/external auditing and the responsibility of the Accountant in this process.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply, please submit your Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic certificates, proven working experience and one-page cover letter detailing why you are interested in the position you are applying for. Please note that all applicants must apply via email: email@example.com
Please include the role you are applying for in the subject of your email.
The deadline for submission of application is 29 April 2023 at 5:00 PM Central Africa Time.
For more information about the Fund, visit www.fonerwa.org . For any enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.