Jobs at:VisionFund Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
17 May 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
VisionFund Rwanda (VFR) is one of the largest deposit-taking Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) in Rwanda with a mission to provide financial and non-financial services to underprivileged rural communities. VFR is a subsidiary of VisionFund International and began in 1997 as a World Vision microfinance program, and in 2004 became a Central Bank regulated MFI in Rwanda.
We provide microfinance products to empower the clients we serve, primarily vulnerable women with children and youth in rural areas. Our products provide financial services to strengthen Village Savings and Loans Associations (VSLAs) and groups. Our average loan size is US $235. Strategically, we are one of the biggest partners with World Vision Rwanda and Care International in Rwanda.
Our savings products include educational savings accounts for children and we are developing financial products targeting youth. VisionFund Rwanda’s eight branches serve the entire country. Ninety percent of our field officers' work is spent in rural areas meeting potential clients and groups. The introduction of digital solutions allows our loan officers to provide better access to financial services for our most remote clients.
Job Opportunities in VisionFund Rwanda
‘’Make a difference to thousands in the land of a thousand hills’’
VisionFund Rwanda (VFR), is Rwanda’s largest microfinance Institution committed to the development of Rwanda through providing affordable financial services (savings and loans) to the less privileged throughout its 4zones in Rwanda. VFR is the institution where you can develop your expertise working with the best people worldwide in a dynamic, team focused high performance environment. If you are looking for interesting but challenging work where you can make a difference in the world, then VFR has the will to make it so. VFR needs to recruit experienced and qualified staff on following positions:
Reporting to Head of Risk and Finance
Work location: Head office
Accountant will be responsible for VFR Head office Accounts, Proper maintenance of books of Accounts, Insure effective Head Office Financial accountability.
• Performs Head Office reconciliation and coordinates with other personnel to resolve promptly all reconciling items pending;
• Ensures the completeness of supporting documents for all of the recorded transactions in the Head Office’s accounting records;
• Ensures that the accounting books and records of the Head Office are properly filed and stored for efficient retrieval in the future;
• Produces financial reports of the Head Office, including cash flow, balance sheet, etc. at the close of each “banking” day, and at month end;
• Produces timely, detailed MIS reports needed for the constant, on-going review, monitoring and management of the Head Office’s performance;
• Promptly submits regular and other reports to the National Bank of Rwanda, and other regulatory agencies;
• Reconciles balances of cash maintained in banks and other financial institutions, with the Head Office accounting records;
• Keeps a systematic monitoring of all VFC property and equipment, monitors its movement and reviews is condition compared to book value;
• Provides assistance to any examination conducted by National Bank of Rwanda, other regulators, internal and external auditors;
• Provides feedback to the Chief Finance Officer on any proposed improvements in the accounting and monitoring system;
• Supervises the cash divisions of the Head Office;
• Other duties as may be required by the Head of Risk and Finance
Required Skills and Knowledge
• Bank Reconciliation skills
• Knowledge on any accounting software
• Preparation of financial reports
• Book keeping skills
Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related fields
• From 1year and above of experience in doing accounting work
VisionFund Rwanda is willing to offer you a competitive salary, challenging work where you can make a difference in the world, develop your expertise by working with the best people worldwide in a dynamic, team focused and high performing environment.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If the aforementioned positions speak to you, carefully complete the pre-screen questionnaire and attach your Application letter together with detailed and updated CV via following email: email@example.com by 18th May, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. By sending in your application, you consent to VFR running a background check on.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.