Accountant/BMZ /RTL Project
Jobs at:Gahini Hospital
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, September 19 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 06 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
1. Background and Purpose.
Gahini District Hospital with specialized service and owned by the Anglican church in Rwanda/Gahini Diocese, is delivering different packages of health services at second and tertiary level In collaboration with the Christian Blind Mission (CBM) an International Nonprofit Organization and pioneer in Disability inclusion two new projects “ P10175 financed by the Ministry of German in Charge of cooperation and Economic Development (BMZ) which will focus on eye health care service and staff capacity development and P10177 funded by RTL which will support the construction of the eye department funded by RTL ” a number of key contractual positions will be fulfilled to implement the above projects and is advertised as follow:
Position: Accountant /BMZ /RTL Project.
To report to: Director of Administration and Finance.
Location: Gahini District Hospital/Kayonza District/Eastern Province.
Duration: 4 years renewable based on the employee’s performance and funds availability.
1.Principal Roles And Responsibilities.
• To check the hospital’s team's work to make sure that their final figures are correct, noting errors and the causes of any miscalculations.
• To utilize hospital’s and project’s computer systems to run databases, pay bills, and order supplies.
• To code, total, batch, enter, verify, and reconcile transactions such as project’s accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, and bank statements.
• To compile budget data and documents based on projects’ estimated revenues and expenses and previous budgets.
• Prepare period or cost statements or reports for project management.
• To calculate costs of the projects’ materials, overhead and other expenses based on estimates, quotations, and price lists.
• To ensure full compliance of operations with hospital’s and projects’s rules, regulations, and policies, and plan operations on a quarterly basis.
• To establish collaborative arrangements with potential partners,
• To make use of internal standard operating procedures in Finance, Procurement, and Logistical services.
• To constantly monitor and analysis of the operating environment, timely readjustment of the operations, advice on legal considerations, and risk assessment.
• To ensure proper planning, expenditure tracking, and audit of financial resources, including extra-budgetary income in accordance with CBM and hospital’s rules and regulations.
• To properly manage the contributions, business process, and accounting for contributions to ensure that projects’ financial operations are properly identified, consistently and uniformly classified, recorded on a timely basis, and received with sufficient supporting documentation.
• To plan, execute, and follow up on bank reconciliations.
• Organize the cost-recovery mechanisms for all projects/activities.
• To organize and oversight of cash management processes, including liquidity management, recommendation of provision level, risk assessment, bank relationship management; timely accounting and reconciliation of all transactions, and security for cash assets on site.
• To monitor the financial exception reports for unusual activities, and transactions and investigation of anomalies or unusual transactions.
• To provide information to supervisors and other staff on the results of the investigation when satisfactory answers are not obtained.
• To follow up on transactions and payment approval on the Internet banking system.
• To ensure that all financial transactions are identified.
• To stay current with all regulations, practices, tax laws, reporting requirements, and hospital settings
• To perform other duties as requested by supervisors.
2. Qualifications And Experience.
• Academic qualification with a bachelor’s degree in accounting, with a desire to obtain CPA certification, if not obtained already.
• 3-5 years of experience working in bookkeeping, inventory management,
• Experience in using accounting software is a strong plus ·
• Intermediate experience in IT s, especially proficiency in Microsoft Excel and online document storage systems such as Google Drive.
• Experience working with online project management software is a plus · Time management skills and attention to detail.
3. Competencies And Key Technical Skills
• Strong communication skills, both internally and externally.
• Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda. French is a plus.
• Strong critical thinking skills and excellent problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation concepts, systems, and tools.
• Knowledge of drafting action plans and operational plans.
• Knowledge of results-based management, logical framework approach, strategic planning processes, and tools.
• Communication skills.
• Time management skills.
• Computer Skills.
• Organizational Skills.
• Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English, and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.
• Knowledge to conduct policy and analysis and draft proposals.
• Judgment and decision-making skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Candidates with the required profile are invited to submit a cover letter, a CV, and a photocopy of the degree, with three professional references to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply for this position.
• Application deadline: 19/09/2023
• Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.