ANDELA Jobs also found at https://andela.com
Deadline of this Job:
22nd April 2019
Date Posted: 16th April 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Currency: RWF , Value: 100000 , Minimum: 70000 , Maximum: 300000 , Period: MONTH
JOB DETAILS: Accounting Associate Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala and Kigali. Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
About the Role
To ensure timely preparation of monthly accounts, complete and accurate recognition of expenses, processing of purchase orders and filing of statutory returns. You will report to the senior accountant.
• Review transactions for completeness, accuracy, proper documentation and approvals prior to processing.
• Preparation of the weekly cash flow plan
• Review quotations & and assist the procurement team to process purchase orders.
• Manage the fixed asset register by ensuring monthly update and reconciliation.
• Ensure timely posting of both recurring/non-recurring journals and cash book entries into the accounting system.
• Ensuring timely posting of invoices and processing of payments to suppliers
• Manage the office petty cash.
• Assist the senior accountant in timely close of the monthly accounts
• Work with the senior accountant to ensure statutory returns (WHT, WHVAT, VAT, Income Tax, PAYE, RSSB and MLB) are filed accurately and before cut off dates.
• Maintain a proper manual and electronic filing system.
• Assist in developing reporting processes, procedures and internal controls for maintaining the efficient flow of all financial transactions.
• Assist during audits both internal and external.
• Perform other duties as and when required by the senior accountant.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala and Kigali. Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
The ideal candidate for the role MUST have experience with the following:
• University degree. A CPA will be an added advantage
• At least 2 years’ overall experience in a similar role, audit experience will be an advantage
• Proficiency in ERP software
• Proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office tools
• Ability to communicate clearly
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to meet strict deadlines
• Ability to work under pressure
Benefits & Compensation
• Full-time compensation
• Full medical coverage
• Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
• Beautiful working environment
• Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
• Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: 2 years
Job application procedure
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.