Jobs at:Dorcas Consolation Family - DCF
Deadline of this Job:
12 November 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Dorcas Consolation Family is a non-profit, Christian, and humanitarian organization with vision of serving countrywide to equip local women and girls for sustainable development in their communities in Rwanda, the East African region, and across the world. “Dorcas is the portrait of a compassionate and charitable woman who seeks to demonstrate God’s love by bringing HOPE and PURPOSE to hopeless women (cfr. Bible: Acts 9:36-40)
DCF has been working in Women empowerment since 2005 in Kicukiro District and now extends its work in Rwamagana District, Gishari Sector
DCF seeks to recruit an Accounting Officer who will be in full charge of its work in with relevant technical and working experience.
• To prepare, examine, and analyses accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to access accuracy, completeness, and compliance to procedural standards.
• To establish chart of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts
• To develop, maintain, and analyze budgets
• To co-sign and authorize payment requests
• To develop, implement, modify and document recordkeeping and accounting systems,
• To advise management about issues such as proper finance management and resource utilization
• To keep inventory of assets of the organization and maintain the information such as asset description value and location.
• To prepare and present all books of accounts and assets for auditing
• To maintain accounting records by making copies and filing documents
• To reconcile bank statements by comparing statements with the general ledger
• To maintain accounting databases by entering data into the computer and processing backups
• To organize and prepare procurement plan
• To prepare and conduct procurement of goods and services
• To participate in preparation of contracts and follow up their executions
• Reception of goods and materials delivered by suppliers
• To determine value of depreciable assets
• To receive and processing all invoice, expense forms, and requests for payment
• To manage petty cash transactions,
• To operate and maintain bank accounts,
• To reconcile revenues collection and reports on a monthly basis
• To order handle and writing of cheques
• Any other activity as may be determined by the board and Executive Director
• She/he should be a Rwandan by nationality
• The ideal candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
• She/he must possess a minimum of not less than five (5) years related professional experience, preferably having worked in non-profit related entities and or reputable private sector organizations
• Should be conversant with various financial management software such as Quick Book, Sage, Tally, and many others
• Having experience/ knowledge in procurement and human resource processes/Practices of the candidate is an added value
• Fluency in spoken and written English is a must and working knowledge of French is an added advantage
• Good analytical and numerical skills
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Excellent computer skills in accounting software and MS-Office: Word, Excel, and PPT
• Ability to work in a team and liaise well with others
• High Integrity/ethics and the ability to meet the deadlines
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please include motivation letter and CV with relevant skills, experience, and reference details, degrees, and certifications soft copies.\n\nThe closing date for the application is Friday 12 November 2021 at 17:00.Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include motivation letter and CV with relevant skills, experience, and reference details, degrees, and certifications soft copies.
The closing date for the application is Friday 12 November 2021 at 17:00. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.