Jobs at:Rwanda Council of Veterinary Doctors (RCVD)
Deadline of this Job:
05 August 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
In The Framework Of Ensuring The Full Functionning And Daily Operationalization Of Rwanda Council Of Veterinary Doctors
Background Information To The Recruitment
The Law N° 56/2013 of 09/08/2013 establishing Rwanda Council of Veterinary Doctors (RCVD) and determining its mission, organization and functioning was gazetted on 21/10/2013. RCVD is a statutory body which is mandated to ensure that its members provide quality and reliable services as far as the veterinary profession is concerned ;
The specific mission of the Council include the following :
• To control entry of persons into practice of the profession, set professional conditions for admission and decide on applications for the practice of the profession ;
• To ensure that all members comply with the rules, standards and code of ethics of veterinary profession ;
• To be responsible for the honor and dignity of the veterinary profession ;
• To protect and promote the interest of the veterinary profession ;
• To resolve conflicts and settle disputes that may arise between a member of the Council and his/her client ;
• To monitor and exercise disciplinary measures over the members of the Council ;
• To participate in the development of curricula and teaching programs for veterinary doctors, veterinary technicians and other animal husbandry experts ;
• To regularly train the members of the Council and assist those that have just finished their studies to get experience in the profession ;
• To intervene in cases requiring the expertise of veterinary doctors ;
• To cooperate with regional and international Councils.
In context of the above and as a further step in building and developing the Council, RCVD intends to use part of its funds to recruit TWO staff (the Head of Department of Research & Professional Development and the Accounting secretary) to improve full functioning and daily operationalization of RCVD. Females applications are strongly encouraged.
Terms of Reference for the Accounting secretary (Secretaire/comptable)
Kigali – Kacyiru, headquarter of RCVD. Sometimes field missions in different regions of operation of RCVD. Major tasks and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Accountant of RCVD, the Accounting secretary is responsible for, but not limited to, the following tasks :
In terms of support to the RCVD Accountant :
• Assisting in performing financial and accounts management of RCVD ;
• Assisting in producing monthly financial statements; including expenditure for the past month and forecasts for the following month ;
• Effecting local payments through different payment modes ;
• Assisting in in proper financial documentation; including maintaining required supporting documents for income and expenses and VAT declarations ;
• Assisting in funds transfers between RCVD and partners ;
In terms of support to the Customer care and logistics :
• Provide administrative support to the office of the Customer care and in charge of logistics of RCVD ;
• Assure the daily management of RCVD website (Mails, chats, complaints, …) ;
• Implementing office management system ;
Assume any other duties that may be assigned to him/her by the Authority.
Ao in Accounting.
Key technical skills and knowledge required :
• Knowledge of cost analysis techniques;
• Planning and Organizational skills;
• Communication skills;
• Office Management Skills;
• IT skills, particularly in Financial software (SMART IFMIS)
• Deep understanding of financial accounts ;
• Having at least One year of experience in Accounting and declaration is an advantage;
• Oral and written proficiency in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; Knowledge of all is an advantage ;
Duration of the assignment
The duration of the assignment is ONE year renewable based on the performance and availability of the budget. It includes a probation period of six months.
Expected starting date being 16 August 2022
The Accountant secretary will report to the Accountant of RCVD. Following narrative reports shall be submitted : activity plan, monthly and quarterly reports.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
RCVD invites interested candidates to send their
(i) detailed CV’s including (ii) motivation letter, (iii) certified copies of their relevant certificates and (iv) detailed methodology clearly showing the understanding of the assignment to be performed, with all the above mentioned requirements indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
CONTACT : Applications must be addressed to the Executive Secretary of Rwanda Council of Veterinary Doctors, not later than Friday 29 July 2022 at 10h00 a.m., PO Box 2949 Kigali, located in Kacyiru (Kigali City), with Attention: RECRUITMENT OF RCVD STAFF.
Note that only will be selected and shortlisted applicants fulfilling the above-mentioned conditions and then will be contacted for written test and interview.
Done in Kigali, 27 June 2022
Dr RUSANGANWA François-Xavier
Chairperson of Rwanda Council of Veterinary Doctors
• Computer skills (Word and Excel)
• The candidates must be Rwandan Citizens
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.