Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, July 31 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 14 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the Role
• The Finance Team is seeking a finance professional to join their Accounting Team that serves ten One Acre Fund operating countries and is centralized in Rwanda. As the Accounting Specialist your duties will include recording daily financial transactions, preparing and reviewing periodic reconciliations, and leading a team of three. You will report to Accounting Associate and contribute to the continued improvement of accounting procedures.
• Record financial transactions
o Record and maintain accurate daily financial transactions that are supported by valid source documents in the general ledger.
o Review the supporting source documents to resolve any discrepancies and irregularities promptly.
• Reconcile and analyze the trial balance
o Prepare/review Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss accounts reconciliations on a weekly, monthly or quarterly basis including cash, prepayments, receivables, fixed assets, payroll, rent, and revenues.
o Perform monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables such as journal entries, reconciliations and financial data analysis following our policies.
o Collaborate with other finance team members to generate and analyze management/actual vs. budget reports.
o Collate supporting documents as requested by auditors to evidence validity and accuracy of transactions recorded for the period under audit.
• Lead a small team
o Manage a team of three and work with the wider finance team to improve the accounting processes and continue to build an efficient accounting function.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
• At least 3+ years of experience in accounting, finance or other related field with one of them managing a team
• Practical knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Excel skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets) with intermediate excel usage level
• Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
• Language: English
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• 25 July 2023.
• One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ( email@example.com ), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
• Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
• We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Click Here to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.