Accounts & Administration Assistant
Jobs at:International Transformation Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, September 04 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 09 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Your role as the Account & Administration Assistant is to record and maintain all records in line with statutory and operational requirements.
1. Handle, record, manage and present ITF’s financial data (Rwanda Office) in compliance with financial accounting regulations.
2. Overseeing the incorporation of new accounting software to streamline financial data collection.
3. In conjunction with the Public Relations Assistant and Secretary General, you are responsible for generating money for ITF’s projects.
4. Maintain high accounting practices throughout the ITF volunteer base.
5. Maintain engagement with existing supporters, ensuring they are aware of projects that are underway, the impact they are having, and the financial transparency of all processes.
6. Provide administrative support to the Secretary General, Operations Director and other staff.
7. Operate manual and computerized office systems for instance; filing and maintaining: members database, monthly and annual reports database and the contacts database.
8. Undertake general office duties such as; dealing with post mails, faxes and e-mail, drafting and sending standard letters, photocopying and collating papers and mailings, arranging for documents to be printed, monitoring and ordering stocks of basic items such as stamps, stationery, periodicals, equipment and other items, arranging travel: hotel and accommodation etc.
9. Administer organizational events.
10. Contribute generally to the work of organization, undertaking such other tasks as are appropriate to the nature and scope of the post.
The applicant must possess the following knowledge/skills and can demonstrate, that the essential functions of this position can be performed:
1. Hold at least a Bachelors Degree in related fields such as Administration, Management, Human Resource etc.
2. Background/experience in working/volunteering at an NGO / NPO.
3. Preferably, but not necessary, experienced in office administration and accounting.
4. Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
5. Detail-oriented with a focus on results.
6. High level of self-confidence, flexibility, integrity, and honesty.
7. Should possess computer/internet skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
8. Ability to work well independently, works with all levels of management, prioritizes tasks and can resolve problems.
9. Ability to maintain an established work schedule, with or without flexibility.
10. Motivated to learn and take on new challenges.
11. Culturally sensitive.
12. Unparalleled passion and commitment to youth development.
13. Candidate must be in the age bracket of 18 – 30.
14. For volunteers, a minimum of six months commitment is required.
15. Volunteers need to be empathetic, great communicators, and comfortable working as part of a team towards shared goals and targets. The following skills are beneficial:
• Communication skills
• Organization skills
• Work ethic
• The volunteer is required to work from the office in Muhanga (Rwanda) preferably living in Kigali or Muhanga.
• Prior experience in a nonprofit position is preferred, but not required, as this position is aimed at building upon your skills and experience but also providing an avenue for growth.
• Although ITF Volunteer staff enjoy limitless opportunities, ITF does NOT provide any kind of compensation. ITF staff operate on a full-time volunteer basis for a minimum of 6 months contract. They are responsible for all basic expenses such as home – office transportation, accommodation, etc. ITF ONLY provides direct operational expenses such as staff transportation to a meeting outside of the office, field visit, operations, etc.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
• We DO NOT consider incomplete applications as well as candidates who are not able to cover the volunteer term expenses.
• We are a youth led organization, so applicants must be under the age of 30.
• If you meet the basic requirements, complete this application form available on our website http://www.itfsecretariat.org/volunteer.html with the position you’re applying for in the Application (Administration and Accounts Volunteer). http://www.itfsecretariat.org/volunteer.html
• For any queries get in touch through email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.