Accounts Assistant (Payroll)
Jobs at:East African Community
Deadline of this Job:
18 November 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 31, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Accounts Assistant (Payroll)
(1 post) (REF: EAC/HR/2022-23/23)
Grade : G5
Directorate : Finance
Department : Accounts
Job reports to : Senior Accountant
Main purpose of job :
Process staff payroll, pay staff salaries and make payments to suppliers as directed .
Duties and Responsibilities :
• Process staff payroll. This entails updating the payroll by ensuring that all deductions and refunds to staff through the salaries are done.
• Maintain and update staff bank details for salary payments;
• Process monthly payroll by ensuring that that employees are paid salaries by the 24th of each month;
• Prepare journal import for posting salaries to sun system;
• Calculate and deposit gratuity for staff on a monthly basis;
• Make payments to suppliers. This entails receiving invoices from admissions office and process payments, advance payment for life insurance and medical cover, check all lodged documents and respective invoicees to confirm validity and approval before processing payment;
• Initiate payment vouchers and forwarding them for checking by other officers;
• Process payments and allowances to staff Including payment of gratuity to staff upon completion of contract, salary advances and house advances, leave allowance, settlement allowance, Airtime, per diems, imprests and fund for retirement among others;
• Reconcile suppliers accounts, housing and salary advances accounts and current accounts
• Prepare periodic and submit monthly and weekly reports on outstanding suppliers' invoiceses, housing advances outstanding, salary advances outstanding, salaries and gratuity for staff payable to the bank;
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Management from time to time .
Qualifications and Experience:
• Undergraduate Degree in Accounts or finance, Business Administration with CPA II / ACCA II or relevant accounting certification.
• Minimum of 5 years working in an accounting environment.
Skills and competencies:
Competency in Accounting systems, Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Attention to detail and ability to multi-task. High level of integrity
Eligibility for applications:
• Only applicants from the Republic of Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, South Sudan are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
• The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable.
• This position is subject to the application of the Quota System.
• The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
• All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
• All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
Relevant Working Experience
• Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
• The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
• Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
• • attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates , and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
• Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
• For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 18th November, 2022
Candidates who have already applied for this position are required to re-apply.
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. All Applications MUST STRICTLY:
• have EAC application form, CV, application letter, ID ;
• indicate nationality and age;
• have the job reference number;
• have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
• provide referees.
3. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
4. EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in respective Partner States) and employment records .
The Secretary General
East African Community
P. o Box 1096
Arusha - Tanzania.
Tel: +255 27 2162100
Fax: +255 27 2162190
Website : www.eac.int
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.