Accreditation & Quality Improvement Officer
Jobs at:Global Health Corps
Deadline of this Job:
11 January 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Accreditation & Quality Improvement Officer
What is the Global Health Corps Fellowship?
GHC recruits and selects highly qualified applicants with diverse skill sets and backgrounds to be placed in high-impact organizations for a 13-month fellowship. During their fellowship year, fellows make significant contributions to their placement organizations and the communities they serve. They also engage in robust leadership training and integrate into GHC’s global network.
Rwandan citizens are eligible to apply for positions in Rwanda, Malawi, Uganda, and Zambia
For Jobs outside of Rwanda, follow this link:
Roles in Malawi, Uganda, and Zambia
Job position available in Rwanda
• Accreditation & Quality Improvement Officer at Partners In Health/Inshuti Mu Buzima
The Accreditation and Quality Improvement (QI) Officer will support the design, implementation, and monitoring of clinical QI initiatives across Partners In Health-Inshuti Mu Buzima (PIH-IMB)’s clinical programs (e.g. oncology; non communicable diseases; mental health; maternal, neonatal, child, and adolescent health; and surgery) and PIH-IMB supported district hospitals while engaging them to adopt best evidence-based clinical practices based on lessons learned from QI projects. They will also provide strategic guidance and technical support to PIH-IMB assisted health facilities to meet the Ministry of Health (MOH) accreditation standards. The Officer will work under the Accreditation and Quality Improvement Instructor, within the Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) department, which focuses on health system decentralization, quality improvement, and biomedical and laboratory support in health facilities.
• Liaise with PIH-IMB’s clinical programs leads, district leadership, and supported district hospitals to identify quality improvement (QI) and accreditation priorities.
• Support clinical programs and PIH-IMB assisted district hospitals to design, implement, and monitor interventions to address identified needs in the areas of quality improvement and accreditation.
• Support PIH-IMB assisted district hospitals in planning and preparing annual accreditation assessments.
• Review accreditation assessment reports from PIH-supported district hospitals and liaise with QI Officers to propose an improvement plan
• Contribute to the documentation of best practices and lessons learned that can contribute to the advancement of delivering high quality health care services
• Assist in the development and review of QI projects tracking tools
• Assist in identifying strategic approaches to support PIH-IMB supported health facilities to comply with accreditation standards
• Assist in training and coaching of QI teams involved in implementation of QI projects
• In collaboration with PIH-IMB supported district hospitals’ QI Officers, prepare, and co-facilitate accreditation related workshops
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor Skills and Experience
Items indicated with an asterisk (*) are required
• Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field, such as nursing, medicine, public health, or similar field*
• Strong writing skills, including experience drafting proposals and/or reports*
• Prior experience in designing or implementing quality improvement projects via academic or professional training*
• Intermediate skills in using Microsoft package: Excel, Word, PowerPoint*
• Previous working experience in hospital accreditation
• At least one-year professional experience supporting QI teams to implement QI projects in health care settings
• Experience mentoring and/or coaching QI teams
• Experience facilitating workshops, trainings, or similar activities
• Experience in quantitative data analysis using Microsoft Excel and/or a statistical package, such as STATA, SPSS, etc.
• Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills
• Ability to work independently
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Team player, results-oriented, and able to engage and work with stakeholders from public health facilities
• Ability to live PIH values: Humanity, Determination, Dignity, Mutual Respect and Trust, Wisdom, Integrity, and Togetherness
• Willingness to travel to and live in rural areas
• Familiarity with the Rwandan health system, demonstrated through prior experience working or volunteering at a hospital or clinic
About the Organization
PIH-IMB envisions thriving communities of healthy, happy, and productive people, where social justice and universal quality health services are available to all. Our mission is to support Rwanda in designing, building, and implementing a world class health system that provides equitable, accessible, and high-quality services to all in need.
PIH Rwanda launched its five-year strategic plan in July 2021. PIH intends to improve quality of care across five clinical areas of focus: maternal, neonatal, child, and adolescent health, oncology, non-communicable diseases, mental health, and surgery. PIH takes a health system strengthening approach to improving quality of care, which includes continuous, data-driven quality improvement interventions.
Role Function: Data Analysis / Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation / Quality Improvement, Program / Project Management
Issue Area: Health System Strengthening, Primary Health Care
By the start of the fellowship, fellows must:
• Be 30 years of age or younger.
• Hold a bachelor’s or undergraduate university degree.
• Be proficient in English.
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested, Click here to Apply
A virtual information session is scheduled on the 14th of December 2022 at 5 pm CAT/ 6 pm EAT to support applicants with lingering questions. Here is the sign-up link for the information session.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.