Administration and Finance Assistant
Jobs at:United States Agency for International Development
Deadline of this Job:
16 November 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Administration and Finance Assistant
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Under the guidance and supervision of the UN Physician, the Administrative and Finance Assistant provides support to the UN Clinic administrative and finance operations/services performing a variety of standard processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative and Finance Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. The Administrative and Finance Assistant works in close collaboration with UNDP operations’ staff of the UNDP Country Office (CO) to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Implementation of operational strategies
• Full compliance of administrative and finance activities of the UN Clinic with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
• Input to the Clinic’s business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in collaboration with the UN Physician.
2. Ensures an optimal cost-recovery system
• Ensures functioning of the optimal cost-recovery system focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Provision of inputs for preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the services provided by UNDP, follow up on cost recovery;
• Preparation of bills to Insurance companies for cost-recovery of services provided to clients, as well as follow up on cost recovery.
3. Ensure Effective Administrative Support and Logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results
• Provide support to UN Physician in the preparation of the UN Clinic annual work plan, budget and procurement plans;
• Monitor the implementation of work plan and review the financial expenditure and presentation of the status on a quarterly basis;
• Manage the petty cash;
• Proper recording of clinic income and ensure regular deposits on the UN Clinic bank account;
• Support in the preparation of for the Clinic;
• Work with clinic technical team to elaborate timely orders of drugs, reagents, vaccines, medical material and office supplies based on the procurement plan;
• Assist the procurement team in the process of ordering the elaborated needs;
• Organize the reception of items ordered from suppliers and update the records stock;
• Conduct the physical count of drugs, vaccines, lab reagents on a monthly basis;
• Assist every quarter UNDP logistic team in the physical count of drugs, vaccines and medical consumables;
• Ensure a regular vehicles’ maintenance;
• Checking and recording of vehicles logbooks and fuel consumption;
• Plan and organize the support for the maintenance of lab, IT equipment;
• Maintenance of proper filing system for administrative, logistic and financial records;
• Assume other duties as assigned by the UN Physician.
4. Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results
• Maintenance of records on assets management, preparation of reports;
• Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance;
• Provision of support to maintenance of common premises and common services.
• Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline.
• Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements.
• Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback.
• Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible.
• Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident.
• Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships.
• Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
• Documents and records management: Overall document (hard or electronic) management; registry and retention policy including storing and archiving;
• Accounting (General): Knowledge of accounting concepts, principles, frameworks, standards, regulations, policies and trends, and ability to apply this to strategic and/or practical situation;
• Budget management: Ability to support budgetary aspects of work planning process, drawing and management of team budgets;
• Inventory management: Each office to ensure sufficient inventory items are available for use as well as reporting for items which are beyond the corporate threshold of $5K and above;
• Vehicle management: Knowledge of policy and procedures on fleet management.
Required Skills and Experience
• Completion of Secondly Education with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance is required.
• University Degree in Finance, Business or Public Administration or related fields is desirable but not a requirement.
• Qualification in Accountancy from an Internationally recognized institute of accountancy is required or:
• Long-listed candidates may be required to undergo the UNDP Accountancy & Finance Test (AFT).
• Minimum 5 years with Secondary Education or 2 years with University Degree of relevant experience in administration or programme support service;
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
• Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
• Fluency in English and working knowledge of French.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified, Click Here To Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.