Administration and Finance Officer
Jobs at:HOPE International
Deadline of this Job:
15 April 2022
Date Posted: Friday, April 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Administration and Finance Officer
We are a group of Christ-followers motivated by the Great Commission and the Greatest Commandment to love God, love our neighbor, and make disciples of all nations.
The Administration and Finance Officer is responsible to assist the finance department to achieve or exceed the annual goals for the HOPE Rwanda Savings Groups Ministry.
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Department: Savings Group Field Staff
Reports To: Administration and Finance Manager
Directly Supervises: Administration And Logistic Assistant, Custodian
Level: Professional, Officer
Status: Full-time local employee
Full Job Summary
The Administration and Finance Officer (AFO) is responsible to assist the AFM to achieve or exceed the annual goals for the HOPE Rwanda Savings Group Ministry, by verifying the effectiveness of internal controls and ensuring compliance to the standard financial and administration procedures. In addition, the AFO will ensure that Administration Services are rendered to HOPE Rwanda staff members, partners, and visitors in an effective and efficient manner.
Promote and contribute to the fulfillment of HOPE International’s mission and vision.
Spiritual Integration and Christian Wellness
Actively participating in tri-weekly devotions, monthly meetings, and annual retreat for HOPE Rwanda staff in order to maintain a focus on the program’s Christ–Centered mission and to promote spiritual balance within family, work, and church life through the adoption of Biblical, personal, and spiritual disciplines.
• Engage in training of HOPE Rwanda Office team on daily financial procedures such as purchase requests, advances, and expense reporting.
• Assist in the payment of invoices
• Assist with the management of cash needs and handle the tracking of expenditures
• Ensure timely collection and review of Sowers of HOPE partner financial reports for HOPE granted funds.
• Work closely with the CPFG Monitoring Officer to support the timely collecting and review of SG Ministry church partner financial reports for HOPE granted funds.
• Conduct partner visits and compliance reviews to ensure partner financial reports are accurate
• Help provide support to HOPE Rwanda staff and church partner accountants as needed
• Prepare HOPE Rwanda SG daily bookkeeping and accounting records in QuickBooks.
• Make sure all filing duties are properly conducted
• Assist the Administration and Logistics Assistant (ALA) with organizing logistics for retreats meetings and visitors.
• Assist the ALA in keeping office supply inventory and accurate reporting of stock on a regular basis.
• Handling and timely reporting on petty cash usage, replenishment, and report
• Record and regular follow up on payments, (rent, tax, insurance, bills, etc.)
• Reviewing the fixed Assets Register prepared by ALA
• Maintain and regularly update communication lists,
• Actively participating in improving HOPE processes and procedures by developing and making recommendations, creating innovative methods, cutting costs, working more efficiently, etc.
• Acquaintance with all operation and financial manuals and ensure compliance is fully executed,
• Ensure all reporting tools are fully understood and fully utilized
• Follow up on audit findings to ensure that management’s audit recommendations are timely implemented
• Check and confirm the status of the closed Internal Audit issues
Perform other duties as requested by the Country Director and Administration and Finance Manager.
• Personal confession of Christian faith and commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International
• Passion and willingness to learn about Savings Group programs, methodologies, and systems.
• Excellent understanding of cross-cultural communication, workplace relationships, or church relations and the ability to communicate well with others.
• Hard worker and resilient.
• Highly flexible and creative, assertive, detail-oriented, self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with a team
• Fluent in spoken and written English and Kinyarwanda
• Excellent computer skills including but not limited to the Advanced Microsoft Office package
• Qualifying university degree in Finance, Accounting, Administration, or similar field study. And a minimum of 2 years of experience.
• Knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus.
• Willingness to travel up country
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Submit by April 15th, 2022, your candidacy to HOPE International by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
• A Motivation letter with reference for recommendation.
• Certified Degrees
• Recommendation of your church
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.