Jobs at:Partners In Health (PIH)
Deadline of this Job:
15 October 2021
Date Posted: Friday, October 01, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. In over nearly three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high quality health care to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and research support to the Educational Development and Quality Center (EDQC). S/he will provide high level administrative support, including meeting scheduling, creating agendas, academic policy development, and other administrative duties. S/he will also be involved in various projects pertaining to educational quality, faculty development and course and program evaluation. This position is a fantastic opportunity for the Administrative Assistant to develop his/her research skills.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is highly self-motivated and passionate about higher education, with superior attention to detail and organizational skills. The Administrative Assistant will have experience with a wide range of academic and administrative tasks, have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team, and have mastered effective communication. The Administrative Assistant will interact with staff at all levels and across offices, as well as important external constituents. S/he must be exceedingly well organized, diplomatic, flexible, resourceful, and proactive. The Academic Assistant must exhibit great discretion, handle confidential matters with the utmost care, and possess a high level of sophistication in managing complex issues.
Administrative & Financial
• Provide general administrative support to all team members of the EDQC.
• Schedule and coordinate meetings for the EDQC, including communicating the agenda and taking minutes during these meetings.
• Manage the team calendar and meeting scheduling.
• Support the team’s external relations, including the organization of visitors’ itineraries as needed.
• Serves as a key point of contact for EDQC faculty logistics, including flight booking, transportation, campus logistics, etc.
• Provide support to faculty, students and staff using the online LMS and any other educational software, e-learning platforms, or resources.
Academic Planning, Evaluation and Program Coordination
• Provide support in academic quality assurance activities by handling all academic program evaluations, including creating an evaluation schedule, creating evaluation surveys, administering surveys, and collecting, presenting and analysing data
• Coordinate meetings, workshops, and events, both online and in-person. This includes developing and preparing content for invitations, coordinating rooms and audio-visual arrangements, ensuring accommodations, printing certificates, coordinating speaker logistics and accommodations, preparing agendas and materials for participants, tracking participant registration, liaising with external and internal partners, etc.
• Monitor, verify, reconcile, and record participant information for all workshops or training events.
• Prepare and manage a calendar of EDQC events and workshops.
Research & Reporting
• Support EDQC research in partnership with UGHE faculty and staff from all departments
• Support with data collection and conducting qualitative and/or quantitative analyses, including data management.
• Support in writing project deliverables, such as protocols, reports, and publications.
• Conduct literature searches and reviews and support with ethics review submissions.
• Support resource mobilization for the EDQC, including preparing grant applications to external funding sources, coordinating reporting to external funders, and managing financial approval and other financial processes.
• Collect and compile information for use in internal and external reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in education, health, social science, business, humanities, or in another relevant field; Master’s degree preferred
• Work experience in administrative, executive assistant, and/or personal assistant role(s) in an educational setting
• Experience in multicultural working environment
• Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Drive
• Ability to manage and prioritize projects with high attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and manage competing priorities
• Health sciences and/or global health content knowledge preferred
• Experience working in a higher education environment preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda required
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.