Jobs at:Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute
Deadline of this Job:
15 September 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) is a world-leading institute in global health with a particular focus on low- and middle-income countries. Associated with the University of Basel, Swiss TPH combines research, services, and education and training at the local, national and international levels. Over 800 people from more than 70 nations work at Swiss TPH focusing on infectious and non-communicable diseases, environment, society, and health as well as health systems and interventions. We are looking for a
Administrative manager (80%-100%)
Swiss TPH Kigali Office
Swiss TPH operates from Basel and through its local and regional project offices. In the Great Lakes region, Swiss TPH has had an office in Kigali for more than 12 years, serving as a base for projects in Rwanda, Burundi, and the DRC (North and South Kivu). Currently, the Kigali office serves as a base for 7 projects in Rwanda. As the number of projects has increased, the need to contract an administrative manager has increased. The Administrative Manager will be part of a management team together with the Country Director, and the Basel based project leaders.
Your responsibilities include:
1. Demonstrated ability to successfully support the delivery of project objectives (on time and to budget) and ensure effective coordination of:
• Financial operations of the office, including the yearly budgeting activities and its execution, as well external (project) audits;
• Administrative operations of the office including logistics, maintenance, software licensing, insurance and registration; and
• Procurement processes, contracting, and compliance with outlined procedures.
2. Overseehuman resource management in support of the Basel based project leaders
3. Oversee all matters relating to office security and staff safety
You should have the following experiences and skills:
• University degree in business management, management sciences, or a related field. Knowledge of health sector or public health project or programme management is an asset.
• At least 5 (five) years of experience managing an international office or large-scale projects.
• Demonstrated experience in coordinating the planning, budgeting, and logistics across teams, a team of persons, ideally on projects or within an organization related to development or public health.
• At least 2-3 years of human resource management experience with significant involvement in departmental leadership activities.
• Familiarity with financial accounting and reporting, ideally for international clients and donors. Experience with audit processes is an asset.
• A strong spirit of teamwork and initiative, and ability to work with professionals in a multi-cultural context
• Ability to empower employees by building an office environment of mutual trust, respect, transparent communication, and coaching.
• Effective negotiation, conflict management, and communication skills
• Language skills: the candidate has to be fluent in English, and Kinyarwanda. French would be an asset
• Computer skills including word, excel, PowerPoint, and data management software (such as proof hub, switch drive, smart sheet, or other).
• Willingness to travel internally within Rwanda and the region, and abroad periodically.
Swiss TPH an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are interested, please submit your application with:
• Motivational letter
• Salary expectations
• Names and contact information (email or phone) of 2 references
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only suitable applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews will include skill and languages assessment via tests.
Start Date: 01st October 2021 or earlier if available
Deadline for application: 15th September, 2021
Contract type: Permanent/ fixed term contract
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Duration: one year contract, renewable
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.