Part Time Admissions Assistant
Jobs at:Right Seat Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
17 September 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Client Name: Carnegie Mellon University Africa
Carnegie Mellon University is seeking a part time Admissions Assistant to work with the Admissions team on processing applicants’ files and records as well as advising candidates on CMU-Africa admissions guidelines.
About Carnegie Mellon University
Established out of a partnership between Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) and the Government of Rwanda, CMU-Africa is addressing the critical shortage of high-quality engineering talent required to accelerate the economic development and digital transformation of Africa—home to the fastest growing workforce in the world. CMU-Africa was established in 2011 and is the only U.S. research university offering its master’s degrees with full-time faculty, staff and operations in Africa. CMU’s presence in Rwanda provides a platform to engage in Africa’s most significant opportunities and challenges across the continent through world-class education and contextually relevant research.
Our vision is to educate and empower the next generation of African leaders and innovators by delivering a world-class educational experience. CMU-Africa’s mission is to produce creative and technically strong engineers, who have been trained in the African context, and prepared to make transformative impact in their communities and the world.
We are a fast-growing campus with about 150 enrolled students, aiming to grow to 400 in the next couple of years. Our size and exponential growth create a sense of camaraderie and excitement, with strong community ties and a compound sense of accomplishment in our team members, contributing towards mutually beneficial relationships between staff and students.
As CMU-Africa’s Part time Admissions Assistant, you will work closely with the Associate Director of Admissions and the rest of the Admissions team. The main responsibility for this role will be the verification, evaluation, assessment of student applications as well as communicating with applicants on queries regarding Admissions. While specific responsibilities will vary, they will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
• Process applicants records and files according to the CMU-Africa Admissions guidelines.
• Follow up on incomplete applications to ensure that they are submitted before the deadline.
• Reply to applicants’ inquiries related to their CMU-Africa applications.
• Advises potential students on admission requirements and educational opportunities as required.
• Prepare template official letters that are used in communicating with applicants.
• Contribute to periodic reports for Admissions Committee meetings.
• Propose and implements new methods and procedures to enhance processes, as appropriate to the unit.
Education And Experience
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Education, or any relevant field.
• 3-5 years of experience working in academic admissions, recruitment, or data analysis.
• Working knowledge of student information systems, experience working with Salesforce being a plus.
• Experience in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures as well as develop and implement new strategies and procedures.
• Fluency in both spoken and written English and French a plus.
Skills And Competencies
• Excellent analytical skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, as well as maintain accurate and detailed records.
• Excellent critical thinking skills, with ability to solve complex problems in innovative ways.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively synthetize and present information.
• Agile learner with the ability to adapt and thrive in an evolving, diverse environment.
• Proven ability to exercise sound judgment, excellent discretion and maintain confidentiality.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work with people from diverse cultures and
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.