Assistant Clerk (PAP)
Jobs at:African Union
Deadline of this Job:
23 October 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Assistant Clerk (PAP)
Location: SouthAfrica, SouthAfrica
Organization: African Union
• Respect for Diversity and Team Work
• Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability
• Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism
• Information and Knowledge Sharing
Reports to: Senior Assistant Clerk
Number of Direct Reports: 1
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P1
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Midrand, South Africa
Purpose of Job
To provide technical and administrative services to facilitate the orderly and efficient operation of the Parliament’s sittings.
• Supports of the Chamber as Table officer.
• Collects reliable information for the verification of credentials of the Members of Parliament.
• Assists in producing Votes and Procedures, and compilation of legislative report during the Plenary sittings
• Supports the electoral process of the Parliament
• Assists in the planning of PAP’s meetings and parliamentary sessions.
• Facilitates the arrangement of different types of meetings, such as the staturory and non-statutory ones.
• Prepares and disseminates agendas of meetings as well as order paper’s and procedural guides.
• Records the minutes of the meetings.
• Prepares and submits periodic reports on activities of the Unit or specific missions.
• Performs any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
• Keeps the membership data of the Parliament up to date.
• Prepares orientation meeting for the administration of Oath for the new Members.
• Ensures circulation of documents in the Chamber
• Compiles attendance sheets of MPs and registration of speakers lists for debates.
• Supports preparation of the Division budget and work plan
• Prepares periodic reports Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in Law, Social Sciences, or related field with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in serving committees and work in parliamentary documentation and research..
• Interpersonal skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Ability to negotiate diplomatically
• Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority with regard to performance management and professional development
• Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
• Change Management....
• Managing Risk....
• Building Relationships
• Foster Accountability Culture:
• Learning Orientation
• Communicating with Influence ....
• Conceptual thinking ....
• Job Knowledge Sharing...
• Drive for Results
• Continuous Improvement Orientation ….
Tenure Of Appointment:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 25,523.00 (P1 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 21,832.68 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.