Assistant Manager, Risk & Compliance
Jobs at:Britam Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
24 February 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Assistant Manager, Risk & Compliance
The role holder will be responsible for the implementation of risk frameworks, risk identification, assessment, mitigation strategies, and Compliance. Ensuring these aspects are embedded into the operations of the firm in consultation with the CEO.
Risk identification, mitigation, monitoring
• Co-ordinate and improve risk management within departments
• Review all Internal & External Audit reports to extract relevant risk & control information for use in reporting and remediation.
• Monitor and act on any Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) adverse trends that arise
• Monitor resolution of all associated Internal Audit recommendations post-audit issues
• Assess compliance with policies and procedures in the departmental units, with emphasis to controls
• Coordinate the formulation of scenarios to be tested at least annually
• Coordinate the recording of the risk incidents and carrying out the root cause analysis
• Regularly collate the operational loss data and maintain the database
Business processes and policies reviews
• Working with Business units within the firm to establish, maintain and continuously improve risk management capabilities.
• Coordinating Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) framework across the various Business and Support units.
Company And Business
• Ensure sufficient follow through on management actions to mitigate risks identified
• Ensure Continuous risk identification and assessment program through timely completion of RCSA & KRI returns
• Champion documentation of inter departmental SLAs during quality assurance reviews.
• Review key outsourcing arrangements for the firm in line with regulator outsourcing guidelines.
Business Continuity Management (BCM)
• Work with Risk manager to implement BCM framework for the firm
• Review of program and tools to ensure they are updated.
• Ensure BCP testing is carried out as per schedule for both business and support unit.
• Train staff on BCM
• Responsible for the timely identification, assessment, mitigation and reporting, and escalation of all identified operational and compliance risk exposures.
• Keep up to date with, and understand, relevant laws and regulations governing the business entity.
• Monitor compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures.
• Advise management and the board on the company’s compliance with laws and regulations and other compliance risks through detailed reports.
• Participate in the development and review of organizational policies and procedures.
• Collaborate with other departments to create a culture of compliance.
• Ensure AML and KYC policies are in place are adhered to.
• Ensure timely, efficient reporting of suspicious transactions.
• Monitor and provide advice to management to minimize risk resulting from poor internal controls.
Key Performance Measures
Strategic Perspective Kpi’s
Initiatives Perspective Kpi’s
Operational Perspective Kpi’s
• Required to liaise and work closely with all Britam staff
• Statutory bodies
• External Consultants/Auditors Knowledge, Experience, And Qualifications Required
• University graduate with possession of a risk or actuarial-related qualification.
• Must possess a professional qualification in risk or actuarial
• 4 years of working experience in the insurance and financial services environment, with sound exposure to insurance Operations, Regulatory and Compliance requirements.
• Knowledge of Insurance and Business Operations: Well round knowledge of the insurance operations and processes and excellent knowledge of Insurance policies and procedures.
• Risk Management: Ability to anticipate and mitigate risk by developing appropriate Risk Management Policies for the Firm.
• Compliance Standards and Legislations: Excellent knowledge of International Accounting and Standards, and legislation.
• Compliance and Regulatory Framework: Good understanding of relevant regulatory requirements
• Conceptual and Analytical Skills: Ability to quickly grasp and understand systems and keen to detail.
• Personal Ethics: Must be honest, fair, just but firm with himself, and of high integrity.
• Negotiation Skills: Must be a good negotiator, particularly in changing behaviour and work practices but always Win/Win.
• Planning and organizing: Ability to establish priorities, plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan.
• Communication and Interpersonal Skills: well developed oral and report-writing skills, ability to work in team set-up
• Learning and Researching: Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making at management level; learns from successes and failures and seeks colleague and customer feedback.
• Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
• Applying Expertise and Technology: Applies specialist and technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; exhibits high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains own quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
• Following Instructions and Procedures: Follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
• Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; accepts diversity; display individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified, Click Here To Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.