Associate Field Manager Follow-Up
Deadline of this Job:
27 September 2021
Date Posted: Monday, September 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Associate Field Manager, Follow-Up (Flup AFM) will play a central role in ensuring that GiveDirectly delivers a gold-standard product to donors and recipients. The Flup AFM will manage Follow up, Field Officers (FOs). The follow-up team is responsible for (i) speaking to all of our recipients after they receive transfers (mostly by phone but sometimes in the field); (ii) picking up, tracking, and resolving adverse events such as fraud or conflict; (iii) picking up, tracking, and resolving mobile money registration problems; and (iv) receiving inbounds calls on a hotline.
The individual in the Follow-Up AFM position will own day-to-day management of the team, including: daily work planning and team management, tracking team and individual performance; achieving targets; coaching field officers; and identifying opportunities for risk mitigation and process improvement. The Associate Field Manager will serve as the key eyes and ears resource on the ground and will be responsible for regularly synthesizing updates on team performance as well as successes and challenges. The role will reward exceptional personnel management, organizational skills, high-quality judgment on operational challenges, and a strong commitment towards driving both team and individual productivity and quality.
Responsibilities: Call Center and Field Associate Management
• Meet with the Field Manager at least monthly to align on any adjustments to the work plan.
• Meet with field teams as necessary to align on daily plans and problem-solve challenges.
• Coordinate team approach for surveys to maximize efficiency and efficacy (e.g. allocating call center roles by transfer type, hotline, adverse events, and registration problems).
• Track Follow up Field Officers’ productivity & quality of service, including reviewing operational reports each week; discuss team and individual performance weekly with Field Officers and Field Manager; own course correction if metrics are slipping.
• Keep senior management informed of key risks to the work plan (e.g. adverse event / registration problem counts, monthly recipient transfer-readiness, rumours about GiveDirectly, mobile money agent fraud, etc.).
• Conduct weekly meetings with other members of field management (FM, AFMs) in order to discuss challenges and propose solutions.
• Manage periodic team trips to the field to follow-up with vulnerable recipients, hard to reach recipients, and adverse event / registration problem cases.
• Data collection and process improvement
• Vet new versions of surveys, including impact on staff productivity and follow-up data quality, and recommend survey improvements as necessary (e.g. potential process, risk mitigation, or data management gaps).
• Raise ideas for continuous improvement to the enrolment process /recipient experience; execute process improvements.
• Collect surveys ~ 1-2 days a week in order to help teams achieve targets and to help identify areas for improvement.
• Quality control and case management
• Monitor and ensure quality control while the staff conduct surveys.
• Periodically check and review Field Officers’ data. Coach staff to correct any issues observed.
• Spend 1-2 day resolving difficult cases in the field that require special attention (hard-to-find recipients, cases of potential fraud)
• Monitor and ensure that all incoming cases are cleared through inbound and outbound calls before within standard timelines.
• Field Officer management and development
• Coach FOs on challenges. Provide additional case-specific input as requested by FO (e.g. ambiguity around adverse events). Exercise judgment and escalate recurring issues or questions to FM/FD to align on approach.
• Coach FOs who are underperforming and provide disciplinary measures if necessary.
• Encourage teamwork and improve morale through mentorship, affirmations, and various management initiatives.
• Spend 1-2 days shadowing staff in order to identify areas for improvement and professional development, particularly during staff training.
• Conduct monthly performance check-ins with direct reports and semi-annual performance reviews.
• Organize and conduct interviews for new FOs (after initial screen from HR Manager). Recommend potential hires to Field Manager for final approval.
• Provide initial training to newly hired FOs and on-going professional development to staff.
• Assist with response to crisis events (e.g. refusal spikes, government shut-down, coordinated fraud, etc.)
• Promote effective team culture by encouraging recognition of positive achievements, planning team events periodically, and other team-building initiatives.
• Carve out time each week in order to complete administrative tasks and meetings.
• Ensure all allowance requests and spent allowance requests are submitted correctly and promptly. Process leave requests so as not to conflict with work planning and operations.
• Resolve miscellaneous equipment requests.
• Participate in a weekly field management forum to problem solve and collaborate on work planning.
• Diploma or Degree in relevant field
• Exceptional leadership ability with demonstrated success in motivating and developing junior staff exceptional ability to problem-solve complex operational challenges over the phone and in the field
• Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and team-player mentality
• Strong interest in being the engine of the day-to-day call center team and work
• Demonstrated ability to work in a highly independent and self-directed manner, while effectively communicating upwardly about gaps and risks
• Proficiency in English and Kinyarwanda
• Strong communication and relationship building skills and the ability to represent the organization effectively to external parties
• Analytical and Call Center/Follow up skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Alignment with GiveDirectly core values and commitment to advancing GD’s mission
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://givedirectly.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0sjbw/?apply=true
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.