Assurance G&PS Senior Associate
Jobs at:PwC Careers Africa
Deadline of this Job:
31 May 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Assurance G&PS Senior Associate
Job Description & Summary
A career within Assurance Government and Public Sector services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate within our public sector industry group, you will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to engagement managers and above
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients of the firm, understanding opportunities to assist with their issues
• Assist in the review of client prepared financial statements
• Prepare concise, well written deliverables using appropriate business and technical language.
• Coaching and development of the team members reporting directly to you by taking responsibility for their career development
• Participates in project planning, administration and economics, e.g budgeting, staffing, billing, and time analysis
• Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients within the Public sector (Government, Development Partners, Not for Profit Organisations)
• Keep up to date with local, national, business and economic issues
• Organisational and time management skills
• Communication skills – written and spoken
• Report writing skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage teams
• Project management skills
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills and the ability to evaluate a situation in a logical and methodological way
• Commercially astute approach to the management of all engagement
• Collaborative and enjoy working in an innovative environment
• Keen to build your industry profile by networking and thought leadership
• Bachelor's degree in any discipline
• Relevant professional qualification (CPA/ACCA)
• At least 3 years of experience in the external audit field (experience in the public sector will be an added advantage)
• Hands on experience with IPSAS and/or IFRS
Minimum years experience required
• 4+ years of relevant experience.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.