Audit and Compliance Associate
Jobs at:World Relief Rwanda (WRR)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, September 15 2023
Date Posted: Friday, September 08 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Under the direct supervision of the Country Director and guidance of International Finance and Planning Manager, the Audit and Compliance Associate will promote the need for efficiency and effectiveness in World Relief Rwanda operations and ensure procedures comply with all applicable laws, policies and regulations. He/she will be responsible for ensuring the organization is compliant with the Core Humanitarian Standards and track the progress of implementation on all the audit findings. The Audit and Compliance Associate will evaluate all current and new compliance regulations, review organizational processes, and lead audits. All these efforts should contribute towards the accomplishment of World Relief’s mission and vision.
Duties And Responsibilities:
• Ensure that World Relief Rwanda is in compliance with procedures, policies, laws and regulations that is subject to.
• Advise the organization on compliance with donors requirements
• Lead employees training sessions on Core Humanitarian Standards and all compliance issues;
• Regularly assess the efficiency of internal control systems and recommend effective measures of improvements;
• Put in place measures that will protect the organization resources, both physical (human resources, machinery, and property) and intangible (reputation, intellectual property);
• Coordinate with different department leaders to review all departmental audit and compliance needs;
• Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that procedures are followed;
• Record, analyze and report findings from audits and quality reviews;
• Conduct or direct the internal investigation of fraud or compliance issues if any;
• Assess tools, compliance or operational risks and develop risk management strategies;
• Identify compliance issues that require follow- up or investigation;
• Maintain documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes;
• Collaborate with Human Resources section to ensure the implementation of policies, consistent disciplinary action strategies in cases of compliance standard violations;
• Advise internal management on the implementation of audit and compliance programs.
• Monitor compliance systems to ensure their effectiveness;
• Ensure all contracts are well done, duly signed and implemented appropriately;
• Design or implement improvements in communication, monitoring or enforcement of compliance standards;
• Verify if organizational policies and procedures have been documented, communicated and implemented;
• Provide assistance to external and internal auditors in audits and compliance reviews, keep the tracker of audit findings updated, guide the implementation of the inter audit findings.
• Development of the annual internal audit plan for the office;
• Conduct risk analysis and ensure that internal audit work priorities are based on risk assessment;
• Perform various audit responsibilities such as preparation, documentation, and other related reports;
• Coordination of internal audit assignments and maintain positive relationships with Home Office (HO) internal audit and compliance function;
• Recommend different methods that could help to enhance and improve control procedures;
• Work with management to resolve issues that may have been identified through audit findings;
• Conduct follow-up on all the different audit assignments to ensure that recommendations are carried out on time.
• Prepare management reports regarding compliance operations and progress on quarterly basis;
• Share the risk management report with Executive Leadership Team for timely decision making on timely response strategies.
• Risk Management
• Assist the Executive Leadership Team in the review and identification of internal program control gaps;
• Periodically monitor and reassess the organization risks to recapture unknown risks which will lead to informing and redesigning the mitigation strategies;
• Provide recommendation to Country Director in the mitigation of key organization risks.
• Other Duties.
• Perform other duties as requested by the Country Director.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• A Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Audit, Law or similar discipline.
• Proven experience in internal audit and compliance
• Initiative, excellent organization ability with attention to details.
• Excellent interpersonal skills for team work in a multi-racial environment.
• Self-directing, reliable and responsible.
• Flexible and motivated team player.
• Strong communication and presentation skills including writing and verbal skills in official languages used in Rwanda.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
• Extremely high level of comfort with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Proven ability to perform financial responsibilities according to lawful and ethical standards.
• Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping.
• Audit and Compliance Associate should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
• Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
• Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
• Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
• Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve quality and operations of the organization and to create new effective procedures.
• Focus on donor needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external donors to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
• Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
• Make decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
• Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
• Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
• Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
• Ensuring value for money through compliance insurance.
• Ability to work under hardship environment and with minimum supervision.
• Must be fluent in Kinyarwanda, English, and French is desired
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
• If you are interested and qualified for this position:
• Please submit one PDF document including your application letter addressed to the Country Director of World Relief Rwanda, copy of your notified Degree, comprehensive Curriculum Vitae with three (3) names of referees, copy of your identity card and a recommendation letter from your Church Pastor or Priest, not later than September 12th, 2023.
• Applications will be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Subject of the email: “Audit and Compliance Associate”
• Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. If you don’t hear from WRR by September 18th, 2023, consider your application unsuccessful.
• Note that application letter and CV should be signed.
• Done at Kigali on September 4th, 2023.
• Jacqueline Mukashema
• Director of Administration and Finance
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.