Jobs at:Compassion International
Deadline of this Job:
09 April 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
job requisition id
This seasoned auditor facilitates organizational accountability and integrity through analysis and evaluation of the effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of Compassion operations. The incumbent examines departmental records, and interviews individuals to provide assurance about ministry operations, including compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The auditor may also manage and coordinate the activities of contract auditors conducting independent protective and constructive audits for management to review effectiveness of controls, financial records, and operations. She or he will also contribute to the establishment of systems and standards for conducting audits. At this career level, the incumbent generally conducts audits independently or participates as a team member for major, complex, or international audits and may coach or oversee the work of other auditors.
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
• Acts as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Reports any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately supports responses to incidents if they occur.
• Plans and performs audits to review supporting documents for compassion operations and communicates findings to audit and operating management.
• Collects and analyzes large amounts of data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, excessiveness, wastefulness, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
• Plans and performs risk assessments and audits, and provides assistance to less experienced team members and audit guests to successfully complete planned audit assignments.
• May travel to Compassion project sites to audit operational and financial systems, administration records, accountability procedures, staffing, planning, budgets, specific key result indicators, legal compliance and general management practices. Conducts audits in a facilitative manner, emphasizing opportunities for training and development of ministry partner workers.
• Examines and documents risks, internal processes, and related controls, and conducts appropriate tests during the audit fieldwork.
• May travel to Compassion partners and inspect programs against documented standards and sound control practices, including reviewing risk assessment systems. Conduct audits on a full range of standards and best practices such as management, operational, staffing, legal, planning, procedural, and financial compliance. Conducts audits using a consultative, partnership approach, helping the partner to uncover issues and implement corrective action.
• Coaches and provides expertise, and may oversee the work of other auditors.
• Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
• Seven years Relevant experience working in this or a related field.
Licenses and Certifications
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) granted by The Institute of Internal Auditors, or similar credentials such as Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICA), The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) etc.
*Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above
Office – Standard Office Environment
Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
May be required to travel up to 40% of normal schedule
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.