Deadline of this Job:
24 June 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, and Rwanda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Dominate the duka market across Africa by being their #1 partner for all goods and services by 2021. Sokowatch will provide everything a duka needs, no wholesalers or distributors necessary.
Key Role; To ensure timely and accurate bookkeeping, financial reporting and ensure that the store meets accounting standards.
Location; Kigali, Rwanda
Reporting to: Country Finance manager
• To ensure safe cash handling.
• Ensure accountability through reconciliation of ledgers
• Ensure timely payment to store suppliers as per the terms and
• Reconciliation of daily store sales
• Performing end month closing process
• Financial reporting and analysis to the country finance manager
Key Performance Indicators
• Daily tracking of sales, banking and stocks
• Daily tracking of all primary docs e.g delivery notes, invoices
• Train the shop team on accounting requirements in the store
• Maintain proper books of accounts for the store
• Ensure proper management of the stores books of accounts
• Ensure timely remittance of taxes etc
• 100% adherence to stipulated company policy and procedures (operational manual)
• 100% adherence to health and safety regulations
• Ensure strict adherence to regulatory requirements e.g licences
Qualifications and skills required
• Work experience- 3 years in a retail store/supermarket
• Trained accountant with knowledge on accounting principles
• Knowledge of accounting software e.g. Sage
• Ability to manage and train a team e.g. cashiers
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.