Business Development & Donor Engagement Coordinator
Jobs at:ActionAid Rwanda (AAR)
Deadline of this Job:
17 March 2022
Date Posted: Friday, March 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Business Development & Donor Engagement Coordinator
Reporting To: Programmes, Policy and Business Development
ActionAid Rwanda (AAR) is a local non-Governmental organization and an Affiliate Member of ActionAid Global Federation, an Anti-Poverty Agency working with the poor. AAR has had its operations in Rwanda since 1982, due to effects of the 1994 Genocide Against Tutsi, AAR resumed its operations in 1997 as a full Country Program and has contributed towards eradication of Poverty and Injustice with a focus on tackling their root causes. AAR has a very strong commitment to supporting and empowering women and children as well as Promoting their Rights through Campaigns, Sensitizations and Advocacy.
AAR’s vision is a Country without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys their right to life of dignity and mission is work with people living in poverty with focus on women and girls to eradicate poverty and injustice.
Purpose Of the Job
This position shall function collaboratively as a member of the Programmes, Policy & Business Development Team and exists to develop and implement the AA Rwanda (AAR) Country Programme’s Business Development and Funding coordination while supporting the new business development in the Organization, creating, identifying and accessing new funding opportunities; contribute in maintaining a consistent standard of donor relationship and high-quality proposal development; and will actively seek to grow income for the AA Rwanda Country Programs through (national, multi country or global) funding opportunities and consortium partnerships.
The Business Development & Donor Engagement Coordinator will be expected to work alongside the AAR Country teams and in operationalizing the results of the donor mapping and be the primary link for accessing technical fundraising assistance and support from the confederation’s fundraising architecture and especially all the (current and potential) Donors.
The Major Responsibilities Include:
Strategic research and donor engagement
Develop donor engagement/cultivation plans for various level of management in ActionAid Rwanda
• Preparing fields/capacity statements to relevant donors
• Contribute on increasing internal and external visibility
• Map out existing and potential opportunities for donor engagement and fundraising based on existing documents and updated consultations with staff, donors, and Other Various National and International Agencies
Bid Development and Resource Mobilization
• Prepare internal timelines for proposal development and coordinate with relevant persons and donor to prepare quality proposals in line with donor requirements and according to the time frame
• Prepares all necessary groundwork for proposal development and bid management, helps assemble bid development teams,
• Provides effective bid project management and undertakes quality assurance and compliance check of donor proposals to ensure high quality competitive proposals to successfully secure institutional donor funds at scale
• Potentially contribute to writing/editing proposals in coordination with program staff.
• Oversee and accompany program staff around contract management and report development
• Lead on Inception Workshops for grants/contracts.
• Co-ordinate’s business development processes and funding activities with relevant CARE staff in country and at regional level and reports on progress to the supervisor
• Links with the confederation funding architecture to access intelligence, opportunities, and skills
• Participates and actively engages in relevant Funding bodies. Together with the program team in country, coordinates submissions, including multi-country and multi-affiliate submissions. This includes leading proposal development processes, ensuring inclusive and quality risk assessment, quality program, design, narrative and budget development and internal approval
• Act as the focal point for ActionAid Rwanda for regional/global submissions.
• Donor Mapping, Resource Mobilization and Relationship Management
• Identify and maintain positive relations with existing donors
• Invite and ensure that donors are involved in AAR programmes
• Maintain an open communication channel with donors
• Identify and establish contact with new / potential donors
• Prepare internal timelines for proposal development and coordinate with AAR Team or donor to prepare quality proposals in line with donor requirements and according to the time frame;
• Prepares all necessary groundwork for proposal development and bid management, helps assemble bid development teams, provides effective bid project management and undertakes quality assurance and compliance check of donor proposals to ensure high quality competitive proposals in order to successfully secure institutional donor funds at scale;
Compliance to SHEA and Safeguarding Policy guideline statements:
• Comply and ensure compliance to Sexual Harassment Exploitation & Abuse and Safeguarding Policies in place and adhered to by the Organization.
• Ensure Compliance of Assurance Policy within the AAR, Partners and Stakeholders working with AAR
• Respect Gender and Feminist Leadership Principles
Attributes/Skills Essential Desirable Education/Qualifications
• A Bachelor’s degree in a related field of Social Sciences, Project Management, Development Studies, Economics, Finance, Public Relations e.t.c
• At least 5 years’ experience in the field of fundraising and Donor engagement, concept Note development and Assessment.
• Long-term experience in Business development and Donor Engagement
• Membership of relevant professional Institute
• In-depth understanding of Programming issues and policy work at state, national and international levels.
• Experience in Grant Management
• Experience with humanitarian and development organizations.
• In-depth understanding of Programming issues and policy work at state, National and International levels.
• Understanding of gender issues in development and demonstrable commitment to promoting gender equity within the organization and in Programme work.
• Expertise in Resources Mobilization Strategies is key.
• Excellent management & leadership skills
• Excellent skills in facilitation and capacity building for inter-linkages between staff, donors, partners & stakeholders
• Excellent conceptual, analytical, documentation and presentation skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing.
• Excellent planning and prioritization skills
• Ability to think Strategically
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
• Multi-tasking skills negotiation skills
• Demonstrable commitment to supportive team working
• Creative and takes initiative.
• Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
• Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
• Able to work under pressure
• Able to meet tight deadlines
• Self-motivated person able to work without supervision
• Effectively promote the AAR’s mission values, and objectives
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
"Interested and qualified candidates should submit in filled application form through this Link: APPLICATON FORM FOR PROGRAMME-POLICY BUSINESS DEVT LEAD and send to Rwanda.email@example.com not later than Thursday the 17th March at 5:00 pm. Indicate in the subject line: Programme, Policy & Business Development Lead Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. ActionAid is an equal opportunity employer and candidates will be expected to embody ActionAid’s values and adhere to organization policies including the Safeguarding Policy and the Child Protection Policy, among other ActionAid policies. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. "
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.