Business Development Manager (BDM)
Deadline of this Job:
01 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Business Development Manager (BDM)
To start: 1st June 2022
Salary: £33,610 per annum
Contract duration: 12 months with possibility for extension depending on funding
Tearfund in Rwanda is looking for a highly skilled and highly talented individual, with a high level understanding of relief and development business. The role holder is agile, takes a marketing and sales posture approach to business development. They are goal oriented, with the ability to think through and craft winning strategies. She or He has the highest awareness of the relief business environment and is an exceptional relationship builder, influencer and negotiator.
In the Tearfund Rwanda programme, the Business Development Manager (BDM), will work with the country director to lead the country programme funding portfolio growth. They will work closely with the Country Director and the Program team to ensure the Country Strategy has a viable business model and an accompanying Business Development Strategy. In particular, the Business development manager will be responsible for:
• Developing a country funding strategy and plan with clear and measurable results based on in depth market and concept analysis
• Lead on programme, brand, market and donor facing communication and liaise internally for production of tools, literature and information for donors and other project stakeholders
• Developing goals for the business development and growth, ensuring they are met and overseeing new acquisitions, bids, contracts and pitches
• Researching organisations and individuals to find new opportunities and Increasing the value of current donors while attracting new ones.
• Attending, lead on and participate in conferences, meetings, exhibitions and industry events, build relationships and communicate the country programme's work
• Lead and coordinate with the programme and finance team to develop concept notes, proposals and budgets for submission to donors as required
• Training personnel and helping team members develop their skills.
The role holder will provide leadership in identifying, developing and winning bids to resource the implementation of the Country Strategy. This role leads the country team in the coordination and development of evidence-based, high quality funding proposals, working closely with the program, MEAL and finance teams.
• They will represent Tearfund at all external donor engagements within Rwanda and to do this effectively, the role holder will need to remain apprised of the existing programmes implemented by Tearfund especially results achieved in the programs.
• As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), the role is responsible for leading the coordination of all donor proposals, donor visits and ensuring SMT is apprised of progress against implementing the Business Development Strategy.
• Do you have Degree or equivalent qualification in development, humanitarian affairs, programme development and Business Management, marketing or other relevant course
• Do you have proven working experience in both Local and/or International NGO, social enterprises and/or public private partnership initiatives with a similar position?
• Do you have skills and experience in proposal development and proven ability to develop winning proposals for public and/or private sector donors?
If this is who you feel you are and the above statements describe you, then take a look at the attached Job Profile and apply.
Applicants must be committed to Tearfund's Christian beliefs. We would expect applicants to be able to demonstrate a clear and specific desire to work in this country
The recruitment process includes specific checks related to safeguarding issues. In addition, personal identification information will be submitted against a Watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter-terror measure
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should click on the "Apply button" bellow and send their application file (CV, Academic certificate, and cover letter) not later than 20th May 2022. The recruitment process includes specific checks related to safeguarding issues. In addition, personal identification information will be submitted against a Watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter-terror measure Attachment attachment_file_3e68980b1e1147106b03
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.