CFO Assistant (Chief Accountant)
Jobs at:Virunga Group Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, August 13 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 08 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The CFO Assistant manages the accounting functions and ensures efficiency and timeliness of the day-to-day financial accounting operations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The specific responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Manage and coordinate activities of the accounts function and its resources; ensure all its activities are completed efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner;
• Monitor the performance of the accounting department and review all reports prepared by accountants;
• Prepare reports for the management on the overall accounting performance;
• Ensure the availability of required resources (human and capital) to carry out all the tasks related to the accounts function;
• Perform periodic performance appraisals for the accounting department staff;
• Ensure that all staff acquire the required skills and knowledge through appropriate training programs;
• Review current accounting processes, identify gaps, and ensure they are resolved in coordination with the Head of Corporate Services;
• Identify the technology needs of the department to ensure that the department’s processes are performed efficiently and cost effectively;
• Responsibility for regular statutory accounts booking;
• Being responsible for compatibility between corporate financial standards and national statutory accounting;
• To ensure timely and accurate posting of all financial transactions with an aim of producing accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports;
• Ensure all relevant tax returns are accurately prepared and their respective remittances done on time and relevant refunds claimed;
• To prepare/review monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts, regular and timely reconciliations of; accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger accounts and ensure reconciling items are followed up and eliminated from the accounts;
• To ensure a comprehensively regularly maintained fixed assets register for all company assets;
• To ensure that all accounting documents are properly and safely filed for easy access and security;
• Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits;
• Undertake any other duties related to the job as assigned by the Hierarchy.
• Bachelor's Degree + 3 years’ experience or Master's Degree + 1 years’ experience in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related discipline.
• A professional accounting certification/qualification (CPA, CA, ACCA or equivalent) would be a plus;
• Have a minimum of five (2) years of relevant professional experience in areas relevant to the assignment;
• Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and International Standards on Auditing;
• Analytical capabilities and skills to deal with financial management issues, especially in advising applicants and recipients on the design and implementation of acceptable financial management systems;
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize own work program and ability to deliver assignments in a timely and efficient manner;
• Very good interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multicultural environment;
• Excellent written and verbal communication in English or French with a working knowledge of the other language;
• High computer skills (MS Office package)
• Competence in the use of Accounting Softwares, and ability to help organize data and information retrieval systems; knowledge of QUICKBOOKS/SAGE is desirable.
• Successful performance of the work requires good knowledge of international accounting standards, computer skills and a high degree of independence.
• Conversant with at least, two financial management Softwares, knowledge of Sage Pastel evolution will be an added advantage.
• Strong communication skills is required and must possess strong work ethics and team attitude
High computer skills (MS Office package)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.