Jobs at:Canal+ Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
07 July 2020
Date Posted: Friday, July 03, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Canal+ International is a subsidiary of Canal+ Group (Group Vivendi). Canal + offers bundles of pay TV Channels throughout the world in more than 40 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, the Caribbean, the Pacific South and Asia.
In Africa, CANAL + INTERNATIONAL is active in more than 20 countries, distributes more than 200 channels via satellite to more than 4.5M subscribers in Africa.
As the Chief Accountant, you will be responsible of the accounting implementation, fiscal procedures and the respect of the deadlines for the closing of accounts. You will be in charge of auditing the accounts up to the establishment of the tax package with, in particular, the calculation of corporation tax. You will work in collaboration with the Statutory Auditor and coordinate the various parties involved in drawing up the company’s accounts (financial and operational contacts). .
What you will do:
• Capital asset monitoring,
• Inventory tracking,
• Provisions and inventory entries;
• Monitoring of bank accounts,
• Cashier monitoring;
• Supervision of subscriber accounting (CGAWEB),
• Control of the security of cash collection. Shop,
• Management of direct debit;
Accounts payable accounting:
• Management of the debt portfolio;
Accounting” Employees “:
• Pay and Leave,
• Expense reports,
• Advances and loans to staff,
Legal and fiscal regulatory declarations;
Other various tasks:
• Management of accounting staff and team meetings,
• Management of accounting closures and validation of account explanations,
• Reconciliation of INTERCO accounts (ICS),
• Participation in the monthly account consolidation process (VIA+),
• Updating of dashboards (Treasury, Taxation, etc.),
• Framing of accounting balances,
• Preparation of financial statements,
• Preparation and management of audits and statutory auditors,
• Preparation of a monthly activity report,
• Report to the Chief Financial Officer.
Job Skills: Not Specified
You will be the right fit if:
• You have Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Credit Management;
• You have an ACCA and/or CPA qualification;
• You have significant experience of at least 5 years in a similar position;
• You have good knowledge of accounting of large groups;
• Good knowledge of SAP and consolidation software (Magnitude type) is a pre-requisite;
• You have experience within an audit/accounting firm and a good knowledge of Charts of Accounts;
• You have good knowledge of the provisions set out in the IMC;
• You have good expertise in accounting schemes and cost accounting;
• You have the following core skills: Integrity, Versatility, rigor, Team spirit, excellent interpersonal skills;
• You are pro-active and pragmatic;
• You are proficient in office automation (Excel and Word);
• You are fluent in English, and Kinyarwanda. (French is a plus.)
The deadline for receiving applications is July 7th, 2020.
Please note that we will only contact short-listed candidates.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Click here to apply:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.