Jobs at:Africa Improved Foods
Deadline of this Job:
07 November 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Internal & External Job Vacancy – Chief Accountant
Africa Improved Foods (AIF) is a Public-Private Partnership focused on addressing malnutrition through the production of nutritious, high quality fortified foods.
AIF Ltd is looking for a self-motivated, qualified individual with the right attitude and a passion for innovation to join our young and energetic team on the position of Chief Accountant.
General job information
Department: Finance and Control
Reporting line: Finance Manager
Contract terms: Open ended Contract
• Coordinates monthly closing processes and reconciliations of the general ledger accounts to ensure that internal and external reporting deadlines are adhered to.
• Maintains proper, accurate and up to-date accounting records at all times.
• Receives, reviews, processes, and coordinates proper filing of company supporting documents in custody of Finance.
• Apply cost accounting methods in manufacturing accounting to achieve accurate representation of cost center performance, profitability analysis per product and group consolidation.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual management reports for both company and group reporting.
• Ensure all relevant tax returns are accurately prepared and their respective remittances done on time and relevant refunds’ claimed.
• Coordinate internal and external auditors during financial and operational audits and statutory audits
• Assist in annual budget preparation process and monitoring.
• Coordinate to ensure that monthly physical inventory counts are well planned, done on time and both quantities & balances reconciled with SAP records and appropriately approved.
• Report/communicate to the relevant authorities any food safety information that could have an impact on food safety and the food safety management system.
• Undertake any other duties related to the job as assigned by the Head of Management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or any other related field.
• Professional qualification like ACCA or CPA shall be a great added value
• Strong knowledge in IFRSs, GAAP and Rwandan Tax Laws shall be an added advantage
• Minimum of 5 years’ working experience in Control, Audit, Accounting and/or Finance fields
• Must have excellent oral presentation, writing and reporting skills.
• Computer skills in MS Excel, Word and Power Point is required.
• Working knowledge with SAP shall be an added advantage.
• Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda (both verbally and in writing).
• Must be Rwandan
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications including application letter, curriculum vitae and academic qualifications should be submitted in single PDF File via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the Human Resources Manager of Africa Improved Foods Rwanda Ltd not later than Monday 07th November 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.