Jobs at:Nyungwe Management Company Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, October 31 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, October 19 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose Of The Job
• We are currently seeking an experienced and thorough Chief Accountant to join our rapidly growing organisation. In this role, you will demonstrate your management skills and accounting expertise in a variety of accounting practices, including overseeing payroll and taxes. You must be highly accurate and efficient, utilizing your vast knowledge. Upholding our standard of Internal Standard Operating Procedures as prescribed by African Parks Network, above all else, ensuring that consistent, accurate Finance processes.
Duties and Key responsibilities not exhaustive
• Recording, classifying and summarizing of the financial transactions of Park and ensuring the proper update and maintenance of the accounts up to the preparation of management accounts for review by Finance Manager;
• Review all accounting related transactions (payment vouchers, receipt vouchers, debit and credit notes, staff time invoices, correcting journal entries) prior to entry into the accounting system;
• Ensure that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled;
• Review and provide guidance and coaching to Finance team to ensure accuracy, correctness and completeness of transactions recorded;
• Ensure the timeliness of required financial reports to Finance Manager;
• Review and ensure that disbursements are properly supported with relevant evidential documentation;
• Cash and bank balances are reconciled with the records maintained. Reconciliations are reviewed and signed off by Finance Manager;
• Initiator of payments on banking portal for approval by Park Manager and Financial Manager;
• Custodian of Cash in hand inclusive of Momo Money;
• Assist in the planning and budgeting alongside the Treasury Accountant and Finance Manager ensuring that the assumptions, parameters, guidelines and policies in planning are complied with;
• Management of Fixed Assets, inclusive of capitalizing work in progress items after site visit has been conducted with the Finance Manager to ensure completeness of the project;
• Ensure the identification and proper inventory of fixed assets of the Park through the conduct of an annual inventory count to determine their location and condition of proper disposition;
• Prepare the request for approval to dispose of missing, lost, stolen, damaged and obsolete equipment;
• Uploading of Salary Journal on Serenic for review by the Finance Manager;
• Ensure there are adequate internal controls to safeguard own generated park income against fraud with the oversight of the Finance Manager;
• Carry out monthly stock counts and sign off on the count as evidence of such on a rotational basis with the Treasury Accountant;
• Carry out surprise cash counts on all sales points;
• Monthly checks and Reconciliation of cash collected against receipts on all sales points;
• Performing any other reasonable tasks that can be assigned by the supervisor.
Knowledge And Skills
Minimum Education and Qualification Required
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance;
• Must possess a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or ACCA license in good standing;
• Minimum 5 years' experience as a CPA in a similar role or environment;
• Exceptional organizational skills and aptitude for numbers;
• Thrive in remote working setup;
• Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal;
• Able to thrive in a deadline-driven environment;
• Able to motivate the team and lead by example;
• High level of integrity, confidentiality and independence;
• Excellent computer literacy with high proficiency in Microsoft excel (advanced);
• Adhesion to African Parks values;
• Strong willingness to live in a rural setting and experience living in remote locations;
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Ability to work under pressure and overtime;
• Exposure of working with a multi-currency set up;
• Between 25 and 40 years of age.
• Born and living near Nyungwe National Park
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
1. Internal candidates are also allowed to apply
2. Applications that are not meeting the above criteria will not be considered.
• Interested candidates should forward their application letter together with all relevant documents to the email address provided Bellow no later than 31th October 2023. The required documents should be submitted in scanned soft copies in pdf format (preferably as one document) on firstname.lastname@example.org . Successful candidate will begin with an immediate effect.
• Applications must include the following documents:
• Application cover letter addressed to the Park Manager
• Stating where you heard about the position and why you should be considered
• Curriculum vitae including your personal details, education level and any experience
• Name, address and telephone numbers of three (3) references
• All the documents should be in one pdf document and named after your name and position, for example: Name, Nyungwe Chief Accountant, 2023.
• Please note that only candidates with the needed qualifications and relevant experience will be shortlisted, if you don't hear from us within one week after submission deadline, know that you have not been shortlisted.
• Done in Nyungwe National Park on 17th October 2023
• NIYIGABA Protais
• Park Manager/CEO
• Nyungwe Management Company
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.