Chief Commercial Officer (CCO)
Jobs at:BK General Insurance Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
08 April 2022
Date Posted: Friday, March 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Chief Commercial Officer (CCO)
BK General Insurance Company (BKGIC) was incorporated as a Limited Liability Company on 16th September 2015 by Rwanda Development Board and was licensed by the National Bank of Rwanda to transact general insurance business on 22nd March 2016. The idea behind the creation of the company was to contribute to Bank of Kigali commitment of financially transforming the lives of Rwandans through the provision of innovative insurance services. Investment in insurance business was also viewed by the Bank of Kigali as a strategy to achieve bank portfolio diversification. The first insurance policy was underwritten on 1st July 2016. This was fire policy no. P/100/2510/2016/0001 of INTERSEC SECURITY.
BK General Insurance Company Limited is an Insurance Company that was registered and licensed in 2016 to offer None-Life/General Insurance business services to existing and prospective customers. The company is a subsidiary of Bank of Kigali, the biggest Bank in the Rwanda.
Since its inception, BK General Insurance has shaped steadily well in the Market with meaningful growth through acquisition of a sizeable customer base, accumulated strong liquidity levels, big solvency ratio and profitable margins that indicate sustainable growth potentials all just happening in a space of only Five Years.
As such, in order to lay down clear structures and formidable resources to steer and sustain that growth, BK General Insurance would like to recruit a High Profile Candidate who fulfil the Job Profile below;
Chief Commercial Officer (Cco)
The position reports to the Managing Director/CEO
Essential duties & responsibilities
The Chief Commercial Officer shall plan, oversee, supervise and execute the duties and responsibilities here below;
• Develop and implement Commercial strategies in line with company goals and objectives in view of acquiring businesses
• Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development, product packaging)
• Understand the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are catered for
• Act to acquire new customers and manage client relationships
• Collaborate and coordinate diverse teams in their department like Marketing, Sales, Product development, Customer Services all in view of achieving the set business goals
• Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders especially intermediaries
• Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for Senior Management and the Board where necessary and in strict timelines
• Assist in setting financial targets, Budget Development and Monitoring
• Analysing and investigating price, demand and competition
• Innovate and strategize on how to capture new and expand the existing business
• Coordinate Promotional activities
• Organize events and product exhibitions
• Monitor performance of business products & Manage Insurance intermediaries
• Manage all marketing and advertising through all fora including Social Media.
• Responsible for the design and implementation of the sales and distribution strategy
• Business Strategy, Planning and Implementation
• Development and deployment of clients and intermediary value propositions
• Development of distribution channels
• Development of staff and organizational structure
• Design and implementation of market penetration strategy for the company
• Monitoring of business performance against forecast and designing strategies to meet expectations
• Build and maintain constructive and effective relationships with clients by meeting and exceeding expectations
• Assist in design of or independently design insurance plans for clients.
• Assist clients in making appropriate coverage changes
• Make each contact a marketing opportunity
• Provide consistent, accurate, timely, and pertinent communication to clients through “constant touch”, phone calls, e-mails, newsletters, etc
• Identifying business opportunities and updating new projects for existing customers and prospects
• Monitoring commercial customers by regular visits to ensure that their needs are satisfied i.e. delivery time and regular orders
• Organizing the company’s business function that affects cost, policy, procedure and strategic planning.
• Developing all proposals and marketing models.
Required Skills & Qualities
• High profile personality with ability to engage high level business and public executives for business partnerships. Having been in Senior Management positions is an added advantage
• Candidate must have a sense of business development
• Ability to communicate and discuss business matters in English or French and Kinyarwanda
• Knowledge of economy dynamics and institutional relations
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Ability to organise and Manage events
• Good interpersonal skills and confidence in decision making
• Proven marketing ability
• Good leadership, communication, and networking skills
• Must understand marketplace trends and best practices to meet clients’ needs
• Knowledge of commercial insurance underwriting, coverage & premium rate analysis
• Ability to prioritize and self-manage work load for self and staff
• Strong negotiating skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and provide good customer care services
• Fluent in English, French, and Kinyarwanda.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degrees in related fields
• At least 10 years of experience in Sales, Marketing, or Commercial Services in Corporate or Private Institutions
• Having been in a similar position in an Insurance Company is an added advantage
• High Profile Candidates who have been in executive or senior positions in Public or Private Companies who feel they have the ability to grow and drive businesses may equally apply
• Rwandan Nationals of age between 30-50 Years are only eligible Candidates.
• At least 5 years in Senior Management roles is compulsory.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates who fulfill the requirements are requested to submit the following documents: an Application Letter, a signed CV, Copies of Academic and Professional Certificates if any, and a copy of ID (All in one document) or PP physically to the reception of BK Insurance Head Offices or by clicking on Apply button below not later than 8/04/2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.