Chief Financial Officer
Jobs at:Letshego Rwanda PLC
Deadline of this Job:
27 August 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Sector: Finance and investment
Letshego Rwanda PLC was established in Rwanda in 2004 and is a subsidiary of Letshego Holdings Limited (LHL), a pan Africa financial services group that is headquartered in Gaborone. LHL is quoted on the Botswana Stock Exchange (BSE) with a current market capitalization in excess of Rwf 500 Billion (US$ 500 million) that places it in the top 40 sub-Saharan Africa companies (excluding South Africa). Letshego Rwanda is a credit and deposit-taking microfinance licensed by the National Bank of Rwanda.
Letshego Rwanda Plc is a licensed credit and deposit taking microfinance. The company was established in 2004 and is a subsidiary of Letshego Holdings Ltd. Letshego is an inclusive finance company with consumer, micro-lending and deposit-taking subsidiaries across sub-Saharan Africa.
An opening has arisen within Letshego Rwanda Plc for the below-mentioned position. This role is tenable at Letshego Rwanda. The successful candidate will serve as a key member of the country management team (CMC). The requirements of the role are outlined below:
POSITION: Chief Financial Officer
Job: Chief Financial Officer
Section: Head of Department
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Accountable to: Chief Executive Officer
Accountable for: Finance Department
Professional qualification – CPA / ACCA
• Master’s in Business Administration would be an added advantage
• At least 10 years of experience in a finance function within the financial services industry
• At least 5 years in a senior management role
• Experience in regulatory (BNR) financial reporting environment
• Member in good standing of a relevant professional institute.
• Management accounting and reporting
• Budgeting and forecasting
• Cashflow forecast and liquidity management
• Taxation, compliance and regulatory reporting
• Enterprise Resource Planning MIA & Accounting systems for day to day microfinance operations
• Basel accords – Basel 2&3 and BIS
• Treasury, AML and ALCO principles
• Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
• Excellent leadership skills in building, developing and managing a strong team
• Exceptional strategic thinking capabilities backed by strong analytical capabilities.
• Excellent problem solving skills (i.e. problem definition & structuring, analysis definition, insight generation & recommendation generation)
• Excellent communication skills especially with top management and other stakeholders
• Ability to supervise and manage multiple projects at the same time
• Ability to work with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
• Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software
• An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
Main Purpose (Why does the exist)
To manage, direct and implement the financial strategies, financial accounting functions, financial reporting, forecasting, budgetary controls and general financial health for the Company. The CFO has responsibility for managing financial sustainability, driving financial performance & maximising return on investment. The role also provides strategic financial advice to the Board of Directors and plays a pivotal role in formulating future financial strategies.
Critical Deliverables /Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Partners with the Board of Directors and Senior Management on all operational, financial and strategic issues as they arise; provide strategic recommendations to the Board and Senior Management.
• Oversees long-term budgetary planning, forecasting and cost management in alignment with strategic plan and provides executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities
• Cascades the Group financial strategies into an effective business plan for the country’s operations and ensures maximum alignment between organisational objectives and operations’ activities.
• Supports the Board and Group Managers in developing projects for long term diversification of revenue streams.
• Develops and manages relationships with all stakeholders on financial matters, including stock exchanges, commercial banks, shareholders, stock brokers, market analysts, fund managers, industry service providers, Central Banks, external auditors, attorneys, and regulators
• Approves and recommends to the Board of Directors interim and year-end published financial results including the content and quality of Management accounts, financial forecasts and financial budgets and overall financial reporting of performance and trends
• Responsible for tax planning and recommend to the Board appropriate tax structures
• Responsible for cash flow management, cash flow planning, identification and recommendation of funding options and structures
• 5.9. Approval of treasury management and management of forex risks and maturity mismatch risks
Key Performance Indicators
• Market share
• Revenue (p.a)
• Capital Expenditure
• Operational Expenditure
Complexity of the Role
A mature individual with ability to interact with a wide range of differing levels in the Group, government, society and business in general.
Deadline:Friday, 27th August 2021 at 17.00 hrs
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.