Chief of Party
Deadline of this Job:
13 January 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Chief of Party
Chemonics seeks a chief of party for USAID’s anticipated Teaching and Learning Materials Supply Chain (TLM SC) cooperative agreement in Rwanda. This three-year, $4-to-$9.99 million activity will strengthen the book supply chain to increase the quantity, quality, affordability, and accessibility of books and other physical and digital reading materials in schools, homes, and communities. By working to improve the capacity and systems of key actors along the book chain, such as MINEDUC and the private sector, while simultaneously strengthening linkages between these actors, this activity will improve the sustainability of the Rwandan book supply chain.
The chief of the party will make strategic decisions, provide technical and managerial oversight, and ensure the program’s operational and technical integrity. This position will be based in Rwanda.
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company, operating in over 95 countries. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
• Provide overall leadership, management, administrative, and technical direction, and serve as the primary authority for all decision-making to ensure all activities, staff, and partners achieve targeted results and meet reporting requirements
• Serve as a key liaison and coordinator with USAID/Rwanda, key stakeholders, and other implementing partners
• Provide overall management and supervision of activity implementation, ensuring the activity meets its stated goals, and reporting directly to the designated USAID Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR)
• Interact with government institutions, senior-level national and county-level government officials
• Ensure an integrated vision among components and program actors
• Minimum 10 years in education in early grade reading, book and education material provision, supply chain management/strengthening, government strengthening, or related field
• Minimum 10 years of international development experience with relevant management, supervisory, and technical experience working with program of a similar size and scope
• Minimum 7 years of experience in a senior management or leadership role, i.e., Project Director, Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party
• Experience within Rwanda/Central Africa preferred
• Previous experience managing donor-funded projects and working with government systems related to education, health, and governance
• Proven track record and experience in project design, policy dialogue, strategic planning and implementation of education programs or programs related to strengthening local government institutions
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Experience with local government capacity building and local service delivery improvement.
• Demonstrated leadership, management, and technical skills
• Ability to work in complex, politically charged, unstable environments, as well as work across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
• Bachelor’s degree in public administration, government relations, international development, education, or other social science or related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
• Advanced professional proficiency in reading, speaking, listening and writing in English required; Kinyarwanda, French, and/or Swahili preferred
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send an electronic submission of your CV and cover letter to https://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/rwanda_teaching_learning_materials_supply_chain_chief_of_party_job_application by January 31, 2023 with “Chief of Party” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.