3 Claims Payable Accountant
Jobs at:UAP Group
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2020
Date Posted: Monday, November 23, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Old Mutual Limited (OML) is a premium African financial services group that offers a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers across key markets in 17 countries. Our primary operations are in South Africa and the Rest of Africa, and we have niche businesses in Latin America and Asia. We have 12 million customers and 31,000 employees as at the end of 2017 and with over 170 years of heritage across sub-Saharan Africa, we are a crucial part of the communities we serve and broader society on the continent. The business is listed on the Johannesburg, London, Zimbabwean, Malawian, and Namibian stock exchanges. The UAP Old Mutual Group comprises of three key players as a result of the acquisition of a controlling stake in Faulu in 2014 and UAP in 2015 by Old Mutual. The acquisition resulted in Old Mutual Kenya and UAP Holdings (www.uapoldmutual.com) as well as Faulu Microfinance Bank (www.faulukenya.com) forming one of the largest financial services groups with a growing footprint in East and Central Africa. The Group currently has operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan, and Rwanda. The Group now offers customers a comprehensive and enhanced range of financial services which include Investment, Insurance, Banking, and Savings as well as a wider and more accessible distribution network. The wider group also offers broad career growth prospects for employees. It therefore wishes to fill the below vacant position with qualified, experienced, and talented individual to strengthen its portfolio as a Pan – African Financial Services Group. The positions’ details are further outlined below;
Role Title: Claims Payable Accountant-1 Post
Business Unit(s): Rwanda
Business /Function: Procurement Officer
Reports To: Finance Manager
MDP Level: Manager of self
Role Size K
Responsible for Evaluating suppliers’ products and services, negotiating contract, and ensuring that the same is approved. .
Key tasks and responsibilities
• Prepare purchase order and send copies to suppliers and department originating request
• Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, Ordering more materials when necessary
• Respond to suppliers in queries about order status, change or cancellations
• Performing buying duties when necessary
• Managing the stationaries and store.
• Processing LPOs in D365 System
• Issuing stationary to staff in the timely and efficient manner
• Managing the kitchen store, and consumables are used in an efficient manner
• regularly monitor stock levels of stationary item in the organization and to ensure that stock level is at optimum at all times
issuing stationaries to the branches in timely and efficient manner to that they have the necessary tools to work
• Control on consumable (water, Sugar, disposable cups, gas, and stationaries)
• Managing departmental stationaries re-order levels and request for departmental equipment
• Prepare local purchase orders for goods and services needed on needs basis.
• Maintain general cleanliness in the office ensure that ventilation, lighting, and safely procedures are adhered.
• Maintain departmental files so that information is easily accessed
• To perform any other duties as signed by my supervisor.
• Creating New suppliers or Client in CRM System.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Academic/Professional Qualifications; experience; skills and competencies
• University degree
• 5 years of experience in the same role
• Good in price negotiations
• Good communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please visit our careers page through: https://bit.ly/337228S
Interested candidate are requested submit their applications by 5.00 p.m. 30th November, 2020.
Applicants must possess or be in the process of applying for a POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE as at the time of making an application.
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.