Clerk of Works
Jobs at:Uzima Chicken
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, September 03 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, August 24 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Summary of the position
• Generally, the Clerk of Works must inspect the works and ensure that the Contractor is always and, in all respects, complying with the Conditions of Contract, the Specification and the Drawings and that they are conforming with the programme of works and, in particular as follows:
• Inspecting construction work and comparing it with drawings and specifications
• Measuring and quality checking building materials
• Identifying defects and suggesting ways to correct them
• Monitoring progress and reporting to construction managers, architects and clients
• Keeping detailed records of work
• Checking that building regulations, health and safety, legal and ecological requirements are met
• Working between an office and construction sites
• Attend the works during operations which, if carried out defectively, would result in work in which the deficiency would not be immediately apparent.
• Record and transmit to the management the same day by telephone or by other means all their queries, the Contractor’s queries and requests, and questions needing urgent decisions.
• Maintain a “Site Instruction Book” for the Architect and other Consultants to record instructions given on-site during site visits. (Architect or other Consultants to retain one copy).
• Examine the Contractor’s progress schedule, check and record work progress, and note any delay with reasons.
• Anticipate work to be put in hand and ensure all details and information are available in good time.
• As far as possible, in advance of construction, examine all drawings and documents to check for discrepancies between Architect’s, other Consultants’ and Subcontractors' drawings and details and report to the management any problems that they consider may arise.
• Settle minor problems of details arising on site to ensure that work proceeds in an effective, professional, and economical manner, provided the Uzima chicken Management, and the Architect are kept informed.
• Ensure that the required standards of quality and accuracy of work and materials are maintained, and refer to work which, in their opinion, is inferior for inspection and decision by the Architect, taking all necessary samples or specimens of work completed.
• Attend weekly site meetings and represent the Uzima Chicken management and the Architect at the Contractor’s periodic measurements of work completed.
• Confirm in writing with copies to the Uzima chicken management, Architect or Consultant concerned instructions given to the Contractor and request confirmatory written Architect’s Instructions from the Architect.
• Endorse the Contractor’s Day worksheets in respect of time and materials only.
• Ensure that the Contractor carries out all instructions, particularly regarding the rejection of work and removal of rejected materials from the site.
• Maintain contact with representatives of Local Authorities, Statutory Undertakings, and the contractor.
• Try to anticipate and foresee difficulties on site and advise the Project management or Architect in good time so that the necessary instructions can be issued.
• Prepare weekly progress reports capturing key events on-site and milestones achieved.
• Inspect materials on site and ensure they conform to the Consultant’s specifications.
• Keep proper records of any events on-site, including visitors to the site, material deliveries, drawings received and any other significant events occurring on-site.
• Perform any other duties on site regarding the project that the management or the Lead Consultant would deem fit to authorize them in the project contract duration.
• Prepare and provide weekly and monthly reports on the actual progress on site against the approved works program.
• Carry out any other task assigned by the supervisor
• Advanced Diploma in Building/Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or a related field (persons with Diploma and relevant 5 years’ experience will be considered)
• At least seven years of experience in a similar position or role.
• Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
• Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle and progress project reporting.
• Excellent analytical skills & Strong interpersonal skills, and highly resourceful.
• Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
• Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda.
Skills and Experience
• A team player with leadership abilities and management skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities, including negotiation skills.
• Be a person of integrity.
• Have analytical and excellent organizational skills.
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Cultural awareness and sensitivity
• A team player with sound negotiation skills.
Fluency in written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems. Ability to conduct data collection using various methods.
• Excellent analytical skills for the review and assessments of sites situations
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), database applications, spreadsheet and graphics presentations
• Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
• Transparency: Able to build trust and contribute to informed and responsible decision making by carrying out the work of Uzima in a transparent manner; provides clear guidance to ensure that objectives and desired measurable results are understood by members of the team.
• Inclusiveness: Understands and accepts cultural diversity, and provide a tolerant, positive and supportive working environment that fosters respect for diversity, demonstrates ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
• Professionalism: Promote the organization’s interests, objectives and values in a diligent and professional manner.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates should address their applications enclosed with a cover letter, Curriculum vitae, academic documents and other relevant certificates to the Managing Director of UZIMA CHICKEN LTD and delivered in a single PDF document to e-mail: “ firstname.lastname@example.org ” no later than 03rd September, 2023 at 5:00 pm. UZIMA CHICKEN Ltd is an equal opportunity employer, and for the position female candidates are encouraged to apply.
• The subject of the e-mail should be mentioned “Clerk of Works”
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
• Done at Kigali on 23rd August 2023
• The Management of UZIMA CHICKEN LTD
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.