Community Liaison Officer
: FULL TIME , Industry
: Accounting & Finance, Category
: Financial Services] Jobs at:
Rutongo Mines Ltd Deadline of this Job:
24 June 2022 Duty Station:
Within Rwanda , kigali , East Africa Summary
Date Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed Similar Jobs in RwandaLearn more about Rutongo Mines Ltd Rutongo Mines Ltd jobs in Rwanda
Community Liaison Officer
Position/Job Title: Community Liaison Officer
Job Grade: C3
Department : Group Environmental and Social Governance Manager (ESG)
Reports To: ESG Manager
Job Brief: The Community Liaison Officer is responsible for operationalising, managing and monitoring Trinity Metals’ social plans, policies and procedures including community relations, land acquisition, compensation and resettlement, influx management and land use planning. S/he is also to establish processes and targets for incorporating management of community related issues into management of the Company inorder to achieve its objectives; and ensuring compliance with E&C standards, plans, programs and policy requirements and all legal and other requirements to which Trinity Metals subscribes.
The Community Liaison Officer has the following responsibilities and duties:
• Implement, monitor and adapt Trinity Metals’ Stakeholder Engagement Plan and Resettlement Policy Framework and the associated action plans;
• Manage Trinity Metals’ relations with neighbouring communities, those affected by the Mining sites and associated facilities, local government representatives, and other local stakeholders;
• Serve as an interface between Trinity Metals and the grass-roots communities, local government stakeholders, and NGOs that are affected and interested in Trinity Metals’ activities;
• Ensure all employees and others working on behalf of the Company at all levels and functions are aware of the E&C performance expectations and the consequences of not meeting them;
• Work as a team with all departments to support them achieve their E&C performance expectations and fosters a good working relationship;
• Support Health and Safety, Environment functions to ensure successful implementation and maintenance of integrated health, safety, environment and community management;
• Commissions, manages and/or support local service providers where necessary to improve on local content;
• Ensure assigned actions related to E&C obligations are completed in a timely manner;
• Manage, monitor and ensure closure on issues from the Company Grievance Register and Stakeholder Engagement Register and other registers and trackers;
• Manage and coordinate land acquisition and compensation process with the communities and Government on behalf of the Company;
• Keep up-to-date records (including meeting minutes, reports, compensation records etc.) and do regular reporting to the Management;
• Maintain and assist in the production and review of E&C management documentation, such as instructions, procedures, policies, manuals, management plans, etc;
• Report all E&C hazards, near-misses and incidents in accordance with site requirements;
• Complete E&C incident and grievance investigations and carry out action plans as required;
• Routinely review E&C performance within all work areas;
• Maintain E&C policies and legal obligations so they are up-to-date and applicable;
• Build good community and stakeholder relations to maintain a social licence to operate;
• Ensure there is coordination and communication within the Company to ensure social risks are minimised;
• Assist with the implementation of E&C sustainable practices throughout the site;
• Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on E&C or as required;
• Complete monitoring and database maintenance as per license conditions and reporting requirements;
• Promote a favourable public image of the Company through community outreach programs;
• Provide professional community and social advice, when required;
• Initiates self-reliance and livelihood projects for the communities surrounding the concessions and those within for their wellbeing;
• Compliance with all Company Policies and Procedures;
• Performs any other duty as may be assigned by the General Manager.Job Requirements
: Communications & Public relations Officer should have the following education, experience and skills:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences (Sociology, Anthropology, Development Studies) or related.
• At least 3 years of relevant experience.
• Computer literacy for producing reports, developing, and maintaining databases.
• Valid Driver’s Licence (Category B) is a plus.
• Knowledge of both Kinyarwanda and English languages
• Good knowledge of community issues – the socio-economic conditions and values relevant to the Mining operations;
• A committed team player with outstanding interpersonal skills,
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Organizational abilities, Professionalism, dedication and strong work ethics.Work Hours:
8 Experience in Months:
36 Level of Education:
Bachelor Degree Job application procedure
Please submit the following documents in a single file attachment to the e-mail email@example.com
for Human Resources Office
Indicating which position you are applying for and addressed to the General Manager of Rutongo Mines Ltd.
• Application letter/A cover letter setting out briefly the candidate’s motivation and suitability for the position not more than 1 page,
• A Curriculum Vitae- maximum 3 pages,
• The name, position and contact number for three references, one of them being from your recent employer, preferably your Supervisor.
• A copy of education and training certificates/diplomas/degrees
• Any pertinent recommendation letter that the candidate may wish to add.
• A copy of relevant work certificates.
• A copy of ID
Submission of Applications deadline
The deadline for Application is 24th June 2022 at 3:00 Pm.
The applications submitted after deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
For other inquiries please contact HR office on +250791701498
Done at Rutongo, on 08th June 2022
QUICK ALERT SUBSCRIPTION