Contract Management Specialist
Jobs at:Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, March 31 2023
Date Posted:Friday, March 31 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Prepare annual procurement Plans in accordance with the strategic, action plans and budget for the implementation of the company's and its agencies activities and ensure its implementation on a timely and efficient manner;
• Consolidate procurement items from all departments ensuring that delivery is done as per the user's needs, Develop legal policies, process and procedures in line with the Rwandan law and the strategic objectives of Energy Development Co oration Limited.
• Review periodically the company Procurement Plans and update them on a regular basis;
• Monitoring contract implementation and performance of suppliers/contractors/consultants in delivering the contracted goods, services, and works (including taking action for nonperformance);
• Manage and monitor that all procurements are processed within budget lines.
• Advise users to seek approval on unbudgeted items and items that have exceeded budget.
• Provide guidance on procurement budgeting.
• Liaise with the business units, suppliers and the tender committee to ensure that user requirements are approved by the committee.
• Implement/Execute the decisions of the Tender Committee on changes to procurement contracts.
• Communicate deliberations of Tender Committee to users and external parties.
• Monitor the market and vendor bases for emerging services and trends for potential opportunities and advise management accordingly.
• Prepare weekly, monthly, Quarterly and annual reports on procurement plan execution
• Prepare annual reports on service provider performance and advice the management
• Prepare, facilitate and providing required documents to procurement audits of the company and ensure smooth audit conduct which result in high process compliance.
• Setting up a procurement filing system guarantying procurement documents' safety and long run usage and retrieval.
Monitoring performance of contracts
• Monitor delivery and quality of services by providers and effect penalty charges to service providers where applicable;
• Update and maintain the company Procurement Manual including procedures and standard forms to be used during implementation;
• Monitor and ensure that the procurement calendar is respected and there is timely delivery on planned activities;
• Monitor contract implementation progress, provide regular and progress status and advice on possible delays, contract termination or extension;
• Setting up a framework contract monitoring system and ensuring contracts' renewals are done whenever necessary or advice for new tendering process before contract expiry.
• Verify the admissibility, validity and safeguard of performance and advance guarantees and advice project managers/management before their expiry and release at the completion stage;
• Prepare purchase order in accordance with existing framework contracts and based on the necessary approvals and budget.
• Any other activity as shall be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, procurement, management, commerce, law or a full professional qualification in procurement with minimum of three (3) years of direct relevant experience in procurement role.
• master's degree in business administration, procurement, management, commerce, law or a full professional qualification in procurement with minimum of two (2) years of direct relevant experience in procurement role.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• A duly signed application letter addressed to the Managing Director of Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL).
• Updated detailed curriculum vitae.
• Copies of both academic and professional certificates.
• Proof of related experience/valid work certificates.
• Names and addresses of at least three (3) referees.
• Copy of Identity Card.
The above required documents should be submitted electronically to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than .3..d... / ..O.S.. /2023 latest 05:00 P.M.
I. Please note that submission of valid and acceptable proof of experience/work certificates attached to your job application letter to support the relevant experience indicated in the applicant's CVs among other documents highlighted above is a MUST for pre-selection.
2. Your job application and its attachments MUST be scanned as ONE single pdf document for easy download & analysis of applications.
3. ONLY online applications will be received on the above-mentioned email. No hardcopy applications will be received.
4. REG is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our company Gender Mainstreaming policy and program, we seek to increase the number of women in all levels of the organization.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.