Jobs at:Rwanda Ultimate Golf Course
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, May 25 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, May 18 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rwanda Ultimate Golf Course is a private company created to position Rwanda as the best golfing destination in Africa and one of the greatest in the world. The first project of Rwanda Ultimate Golf Course, to reach this goal, is the Kigali Golf Resort & Villas. The golf course is a real estate masterpiece designed by the worldwide famous Gary Player. The facility will also include a five-star Clubhouse and other amenities.
We are currently seeking an experienced, thorough, and insightful cost controller to oversee cost management for our entire company. In this role, you will work collaboratively with various department managers to analyse costs, assess vendor relationships, and maximize profitability. To succeed in this position, you will demonstrate an aptitude for efficiency, problem-solving, and resourcefulness, with a deep commitment to the bottom line without compromising quality.
Cost Controller responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Monitoring and updating cost estimates for projects to ensure that costs are within expected ranges.
• Manage treasury, open several new accounts, establish new procedures and controls, monitor daily activity.
• Prepare monthly write-ups reports for the cost performance and forecast.
• Reviewing expense reports to ensure that expenses are reasonable and appropriate for the circumstances.
• Coordinating with other departments such as human resources, operations, accounting, and finance to ensure that all costs are accurately tracked.
• Conducting cost analyses to identify areas where costs can be reduced or eliminated altogether.
• Monitoring budgets to ensure that spending does not exceed approved levels.
• Collecting cost data from suppliers or subcontractors to track material costs.
• Preparing reports regarding costs and expenses.
• Preparing bid estimates for new projects or bids on existing projects
• Analyse purchase order commitment to calculate accruals.
• Participate in the development of unit standard costs and BOM's for new and existing products.
• Detail analysis and compilation of financial statements
• Create, extract, verify and consolidate a variety of narrative information and statistical data needed to formulate presentation of RFP.
• Prepare monthly financial statements and audit schedules utilizing QuickBooks.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in finance/accounting or relevant field strongly preferred.
• 3-5 years' experience working in cost control/accountant.
• Management experience strongly preferred.
• Exceptionally well organized with an aptitude for data.
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Solid networking and interpersonal skills.
• Solid experience in using QuickBooks.
• Able to generate budgets and reports.
• Strong presentation skills, able to explain concepts concisely and accurately.
• Able to develop strong, cooperative relationships with department heads.
• Creative thinking skills and ability to solve problems.
• Fluency in English is required, both oral and written.
• Fluency in French will be an asset.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• A one-page cover letter with a motivation statement in relation to the responsibilities and requirements for this position.
• Copies of academic degree, professional training certificates, and other relevant training certificates
• All applicants should submit their zipped documents on firstname.lastname@example.org
• Only selected candidates for interview will be contacted.
All unzipped documents will be automatically disqualified
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.