Cost Management Accountant
Jobs at:Uzima Chicken Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
25 March 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Cost Management Accountant
Job Location: Head-Office with field travels when necessary
Report to: Finance Manager and Treasurer
Uzima Chicken Ltd is a poultry company dedicated to making farmers healthier and wealthier. Uzima is the leading distributor of high-quality, dual-purpose day-old chicks in East Africa. Uzima plans to transform the poultry industry in Rwanda, providing smallholder farmers with a robust, disease-resistant bird that can thrive in local, rural conditions and is more productive than local birds. Uzima believes its dual-purpose birds can help eliminate poverty and malnutrition across East Africa.
We are looking to hire a Cost Management Accountant with excellent organizational and analytical skills. A cost accountant is expected to be detailed oriented, knowledgeable on statistics, have strong problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure, and deliver on tight deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities for Cost Management Accountant
• Cost Feed mill BoMs for pricing purposes
• Re-cost Feed mill BoM in light of price changes and advice Treasurer
• Plan monthly Group-wide stock-takes
• Perform group-wide stock comparisons and resolve accordingly (Feed mill and farms)
• Perform throughput reconciliations for raw material to finished goods to determine production efficiencies (In conjunction with Stock Controller)
• Maintain Parent Stock cost accumulation and amortization schedules
• Monthly Hatching Egg valuations
• Witness or certify the gassing of unsold DOCs stocks
• Process monthly MVD usage in Sage50
• Reconcile Feed transferred from Feed Mill and Farm GRVs
• Process monthly Farm feed usage
• Maintain and control serialized system control documents, eg GRV Books, Delivery Note Books, etc
• Track and guide cost allocation of brooded stocks
• Reconcile egg deliveries to shop vs Egg Shop receipts
• Consolidate weekly scoreboard
• Develop and implement SOPs in conjunction with Stock Controller, Feed Ops Manager, and Poultry Ops Manager
• Develop and maintain the cost accounting system, documents, and records of the organization.
• Analyze and recommend costs and cost savings.
• Prepare and complete internal cost audits
Qualification and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field (essential)
• 2 years of Cost Accounting work experience (essential)
• Sound understanding of accounting principles.
• Solid cost systems background.
• Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent report-writing, communication, and IT skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should address their applications enclosed with a cover letter, Curriculum vitae, academic documents, and other relevant certificates to the Managing Director of UZIMA CHICKEN LTD and delivered in a single PDF document to e-mail: “firstname.lastname@example.org” not later than 25th March 2022 at 5:00 pm. UZIMA CHICKEN Ltd is an equal opportunity employer, and for the position female candidates are encouraged to apply. Note: The subject of the e-mail should be mentioned “Buying officer” Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview Done at Kigali on 15th March 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.