Jobs at:Right Seat Ltd Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
19 November 2021
Date Posted: Sunday, November 07, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Right Seat Ltd Rwanda
Mission Statement of Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village:
Through healing, education, and love, the Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village empowers orphaned and vulnerable Rwandan youth to build lives of dignity and contribute to a better world.
Core Values: Our core values inspire all our work, focusing our staff on the best interests of the child and helping our students to create a community dedicated to building empowered and self-reliant lives.
Commitment : Embrace the mission and go the extra-mile
Respect : Be considerate and mindful of others and the environment
Role model : Live and lead by example in a positive way
Interest of Child : Base every decision on how it impacts the child
Support : Help and encourage one another
Integrity : Always be honest with yourself and others and act accordingly
Learning Community : Seek and maximize opportunity for growth and development
The Country Director (CD) will build and lead the implementation of the overall program’s vision and strategy at Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village. She / he will oversee and ensure the daily management of ASYV programs, while monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of each program and related services. The CD will oversee a range of programs in Monitoring & Evaluation, Parental Wholeness, Formal Education, Special Projects and Partnerships while providing leadership to mid-level management.
Key Responsibilities :
• Lead the development of strategic plans, to advance the mission and objectives and promote sustainability and growth of the Village in line with global strategic plans.
• Provide excellent project management across ASYV’s project portfolio. Plan and designate project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keep stakeholders informed as required.
• Establish and manage relevant strategic partnerships and relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, focused on the rights of children to assist in achieving strategic objectives.
• Review strategy regularly, proactively assess future needs and perform sustainability forecasts to ensure relevance and appropriateness of the Village.
• Lead by example in organizational ethics and morals, and take strong action against non-adherence to values, ethics, and codes.
• Ensure implementation of strategies and formulation of policies by delegating appropriate authority levels to key managers, and ensure effective monitoring and reporting of progress, aligned to strategic plans.
• Ensure that standard operating procedures and policies allow for optimal functioning across all programs.
• Lead the Monitoring & Evaluation department to establish objectives and measurement tools that support the accomplishment of the organization’s strategic goals.
• Manage the Academic and Parental Wholeness departments, ensuring high quality delivery of services to ASYV students at all times.
• Collaborate with the Partnerships Manager to manage & build partner relationships.
• Oversee all special projects to ensure successful outcomes.
• Provide reporting and presentations to the ASYV Board as requested.
• Lead and organize program committee update calls with Global Board and Donor Community
• Master’s degree in project management, program management, business management or any other related field.
• Minimum of 7 years of professional experience including at least 5 years of relevant high level managerial experience.
• Significant experience in program and project development and the ability to transfer diverse skills and knowledge to the team heads.
• Passion for education, leadership and program and project management.
• Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
• Outstanding creative thinking and problem-solving ability
• Demonstrated ability to oversee the planning, implementation, and tracking of a specific short or long-term project which has a beginning, an end, and specified deliverables.
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
• Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda.
• Good knowledge of professional systems.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.