Credit Administration Officers
Jobs at:Urwego Bank Plc
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, April 07 2023
Date Posted:Friday, April 07 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Urwego Bank Plc provides financial services to the people of Rwanda motivated by Jesus Christ’s call to serve those in need. Its mission is to achieve economic spiritual transformation in the lives of the underserved, using financial services and tested trainings as we share Jesus Christ’s love. Urwego Bank wishes to recruit Two (2) qualified, competent, committed, and initiative-taking Credit Administration Officers to support the business in Gicumbi and Ngoma branches.
Department: Service Delivery Department
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Full Job Summary
CAD role is to provide back-office support to the sales team, branch operation and central credit department. This include but not limited to ensuring timely and accurate processing of loan information and repayment, account opening, internal and loan account reconciliations. As a CAD staff your primary clients are internal customer/ staff, therefore, you are expected to provide high level of customer delight towards your colleagues in sales, banking and customer service operations as a multi-skilled CAD staff while conducting transactions with efficiency and accuracy and demonstrating Urwego Bank core values and help make the Urwego working place an easy and welcoming place for its staff and clients.
General day to day responsibilities
• Ensure that the loan documentation review process is properly and timely handled with full compliance with the regulatory and bank’s procedural requirements.
• Maintain a Christ-centered and Client-focused service attitude towards providing support for Sales units and all other staffs.
• Monitor all business activities with the perspectives on credit risk management to ensure all possible risks have been identified and properly mitigated.
• Ensure that each loan disbursement is handled in a timely manner without compromising on the accuracy and compliance requirements.
• Ensure that each loan is processed in an accurate and most efficient manner, collaborate with sales staff to ensure clarification and communication on loan processing status has shared with clients.
• Ensure that a proper dual control is always put in place in all transactions. At all levels of loan processing, there must be an inputted and an authorizer.
• Ensure that data processing for new loans and loan payments is handled in a timely and accurate manner.
• Also handle any issues related to funds transfer in T24 with other Business Units such Finance and sales teams.
• Maintaining and ensuring filling process after loans disbursement have been done.
• Actively participating in improving Urwego Bank by developing and making recommendations, creating innovative training methods, cutting down costs, working more efficiently and effectively.
• Maintain a register of collateral pledged by the customer as security for the loans, and ensure they are stored in a safe manner.
• Provide loan disbursement report on weekly basis to the Branch Manager and Operations Manager.
• Perfect security registration for loan products that require a formal collateral to be pledged, ensure the registration is done with RDB on timely manner.
• Ensure that all fees, commission, and charges are collected before the loan is availed to the customer and third-party fees such as insurance premium is collected as well.
• Ensure that the customer understand the costs related to the loan before disbursement, make sure that a Key Fact Statement is signed by the customer which indicated all the loan related fees and charges and disclose the effective annual percentage rate to the customer.
• Handle any other tasks or projects as assigned by the management.
Compulsory account Opening
• Assist customers in opening new compulsory accounts before the loan is approved and disbursed, ensure that mandatory product “locked security savings” are not accessible by customers throughout the loan cycle until full repayment of the loan by all members of the group.
• Ensure that all account opening, and general bank transactions follow the “Know Your Customer and Anti Money Laundering instructions.”
General Enquiries & Customer Service
• Process account activities, determine balances, and resolve customer complaint within given authority.
• Provide high levels of customer delight in all capacities as a multi-skilled CAD Associate and take initiative in resolving problems and handling tasks within given authority.
• Help customers to fill in forms, sign loan contracts and provide basic information related to all services that the bank offers such as loans and arrange appointments with sales officer to proceed with new loan application.
• Customer Orientation – Embodies a strong customer orientation and seeks new and better ways to serve end clients.
• Good Communicator – Communicates well, both verbally and in writing. Effectively conveys and shares information with others. Presents ideas clearly and concisely.
• Interpersonal Skills – Maintains positive working relationships with individuals and teams at all levels of the organization.
• Compliance to Policy and Procedure
o Maintain a copy of valid policy and procedure manuals for the critical processes associated with service delivery.
• Regulatory Alignment
o Ensure adequate knowledge of regulatory requirements on account opening, loan contract design and general banking operations.
• Personal confession of Christian faith and commitment to the mission of Urwego Bank.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or related field.
• 2 or more years of experience in microfinance, banking, or financial services sector.
• Experience is customer service operation, complaint, and conflict management.
• Excellent knowledge of MS world, excel and manipulating large spreadsheets are part of daily activities.
• Accuracy and speed of transaction
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please submit the following documents to email@example.com . Please send the documents as one folder with the position you are applying for as the subject.
In your application, please indicate exactly which branch you would like to work.
• Motivation/application letter explaining your suitability for the position.
• Curriculum vitae (CV) and a copy of academic documents.
• Two referees that are not blood relatives with their full address/contact.
• Notarized Academic Documents
• Recommendation from your church pastor or priest whichever applies.
• Copy of your National ID
• Statement of Faith.
• Criminal Record Form from Irembo.
Deadline for application: Friday 7th April 2023. 5 PM
Applicants should preferably be residents in the areas where the job is located.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for the test and interview.
Urwego Bank PLC
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.