Credit Officer (Microfinance)
Deadline of this Job:
28 January 2023
Date Posted: Friday, January 13, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Credit Officer (Microfinance)
BRAC is the world’s largest, and leading development organization dedicated to poverty alleviation and empowerment of the poor. Initiated in Bangladesh in 1972, BRAC now operates in 11 countries across Asia, Africa. To counter poverty and promote social empowerment, BRAC strategically integrates development programs in microfinance, agriculture, health, education, human rights and legal aid, community empowerment and more.
BRAC Rwanda Microfinance Company PLC is registered with Rwanda Development Board in September 2018 and was approved license from National Bank of Rwanda to operate Microfinance and other financial services in Rwanda. BRAC Rwanda is looking for competent, dynamic and self-motivated Rwandans to fill the following regular positions.
Position: Credit Officer (Microfinance)
Job location: Out of Kigali
Gender: Only Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Gross salary: Rwf 211,150. Other benefits will be as per organizational Policy.
Major Duties and Responsibilities of Credit Officer:
• Conduct household surveys using mobile app/Tab based application while opening a new branch. Identify potential clients based on survey results. Form group and provide orientation for the group members.
• Arrange admission of new members if a group becomes too small. Conduct two to three groups meetings per day.
• Provide financial education to group members as per organizational policy.
• Collect savings and weekly instalments from the small group leaders.
• Credit Officer will fill all loan data such as loan applications, guarantor form, DP Notes etc. in digital system.
• Credit Officer must attend the weekly/bi-weekly/monthly group meetings and should ensure recovery of loan instalments.
• Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports.
• Strive to provide the best quality service to the client and at field and at the branch office.
• Listen to client’s complaints/concerns/opinions carefully and take appropriate measures.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
• Effective communication skills.
• Writing and reporting skills in English
Educational Qualifications: University Graduate in Finance accounting, Business administration, Management or any other related field.
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned positions, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates need to send a signed Cover letter in PDF format indicating the title of position applied for, updated CV mentioning educational grades, years of experience, Id copy and copies of academic qualifications. All those documents should be sent through email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
The subject should be the position you have applied for.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be called for interview.
Application deadline: 28th February 2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.