Credit Officer in Charge of Management of Agriculture Loans
Deadline of this Job:
27 April 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BRAC is the world’s largest, and leading development organization dedicated to poverty alleviation and empowerment of the poor. Initiated in Bangladesh in 1972, BRAC now operates in 11 countries across Asia, Africa. To counter poverty and promote social empowerment, BRAC strategically integrates development programs in microfinance, agriculture, health, education, human rights and legal aid, community empowerment and more.
BRAC Rwanda Microfinance Company PLC is registered with Rwanda Development Board in September 2018 and was approved license from National Bank of Rwanda to operate Microfinance and other financial services in Rwanda. BRAC Rwanda is looking for competent, dynamic and self-motivated Rwandans to fill the following regular position.
Position: Credit Officer in charge of Management of Agriculture loans
Gender: Only female candidates are encouraged to apply
Job location: Out of Kigali
Gross salary: Rwf 205,000. Other benefits will be as per organizational Policy.
Major Duties and responsibilities:
• collaborate with the Branch Manager to propose the financing strategy for the agricultural sector and define the objectives to be achieved
• Identify and mobilize potential customers for agricultural loans
• Promote agricultural credit products to farmers in the area of intervention of BRAC RWANDA
• Identify and recommend to BRAC RWANDA bankable agricultural projects including the financing of value chains and other financing needs in agriculture
• Estimate the financing and investment needed in agriculture,
• Analyze agricultural credit files and prepare recommendations to the credit committee
• Offer agricultural credit products with reference to the country's agricultural policy
• Ensure the quality of the agricultural loan portfolio
• Work closely with the Branch Manager to ensure that agricultural credits are well managed in quality and quantity
• Periodically report on the agricultural loan portfolio
• Do any other task requested by the line manager
• Read, understand, practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Knowledge, Skill & Competence
• Fluency in English is required (speaking, reading and writing)
• Advanced computer skills on MS Office, Accounting software/ERP
• Familiarity with value chain refinancing
• Knowledge of the agricultural sector of Rwanda
Educational Qualifications: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in agronomic sciences or agricultural finance
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidates need to send a signed Cover letter in PDF format indicating the title of position applied for, updated CV mentioning educational grades, and copies of academic qualifications. All those documents should be sent through email: email@example.com , Application deadline is 27th May 2022 at 04.00 pm.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.