Jobs at:Jibu Corporate
Deadline of this Job:
15 March 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Family Ownership Opportunity Tomorrow
Authenticity, Teamwork, Integrity Persistent problem-solver Develop yourself, the team and the brand Ideas to build the future
Duty Station: Rwanda Office
Reports To: Lead Controller
Type: Full Time
The main responsibility for this position is to ensure all the company debts are collected on time and oversee general accounting operations (Rwanda and Goma) by controlling and verifying financial transactions.
The Credit Officer will work with the finance team to ensure all finance deliverables are achieved. These deliverables include but are not limited to maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end closing procedures.
Supervision Received: This position works highly autonomously and reports directly to the Lead Controller
Management Responsibility: Not Applicable
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Credit Control:
• Ensure timely KIVA loan profiling, posting.
• Maintain customers credit records
• Ensure smooth communication with customers about their credit statuses
• Ensure all company credits are paid on time
2. Invoicing and Account Receivable (AR) recovery
• Prepare all invoices (FNF – Bottles – and other income) through EBM and accounting software in use (QBO for now)
• Ensure all sales EBM are prepared on time for bottles and FNF at least before 30th of each month.
• Work closely with the Lead Controller and Managing Director to ensure all AR (FNF – Bottles and other receivable accounts) are being tracked and paid on time. This include sending payment reminders to franchises and reporting status to the Lead controller
3. Financial Accounting
• Ensure timely and accurate posting, balancing and reconciliations of the general ledger
• Ensure monthly reconciliation of bank accounts, cheques, cash, sales invoices and all inventories
• Ensure that all proper procedures have been followed approvals have been obtained for financial transactions
• Ensure that all advance payments to staff are reconciled and documented
• Ensure all reimbursements from staff are paid on time.
4. Team engagement and company growth:
• Be a supportive, dynamic and flexible team member
• Do not wait to be assigned for a task but hunt for opportunities to bring improvements and support others
• Be honest, reliable and dedicatedBring the energy and stamina to go far with Jibu and join us in building a unique success story
• Previous role as accountant, finance role in for-profit business
• Experience in dealing with cost accounting
• Experience with QuickBooks
• Working experience in import/Export business
• Experience in managing banking relationships
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration (Accounting or Finance related)
Culture Fit Criteria:
At Jibu, we do not recruit based CVs only, we look for a candidate with the right attitude, hunger for success and talent.
• A self-starter and initiator with an intrinsic motivation to perform
• Highly motivated to Get Things Done in an autonomous an independent matter
• Strong entrepreneurial and business instincts
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
• Perfect written and spoken English and knowledge
• he Jibu Brand and comfortably communicate decisions from managements to the franchise network
Internal Interfaces: External Interfaces:
• Franchise Development team
• Quality and production team
• Sales and marketing team
• Jibu franchisees & franchise staff
• External regulators/auditors
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.