Credit Recovery Manager
Jobs at:Muganga SACCO
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, July 26 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, July 06 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Recruitment Notice Nº01/06/2023
• MUGANGA SACCO is a Savings and Credit Cooperative for Health sector staff in Rwanda Headquartered in Kicukiro District (KK 15 Rd, Kigali Silverback Mall,1st Floor). Its primary objective is to improve members’ socio-economic conditions and promote access to finance, by assisting them to make savings and access low-rate loans, therefore contributing significantly to their retention. It is a legally registered SACCO by Rwanda Cooperative Agency (RCA) and licensed by the National Bank of Rwanda (BNR).
• MUGANGA SACCO wishes to recruit the competent and self-driven staff on the position of Credit Recovery Manager on permanent basis regardless the gender, and other kind of discriminations.
1. Recruitment Details:
• Position: Credit Recovery Manager
• Number of needed staff: One (1)
• Employment period: Open-ended period (Full-time)
• Working place: Head quarter
2. Job Purpose Statement
• Reporting to Director of Credit , the Credit Recovery Manager is responsible for developing strategies and mechanism of maximizing Credits recovery from MUGANGA SACCO members. He/She has to ensure that a high quality, business focused efficient and cost-effective bespoke service which maximizes amounts recovered for members, while providing an excellent service and actively building client relationships and marketing/business development opportunities for the Credit Recovery team.
3. Key Responsibilities
• Build, develop and lead the Credit Recovery team to manage individual loans, the firm’s debt collection service and acting for members in credit recovery matters, dealing with bulk volume credit recovery, as well as bespoke complex collection matters for companies and individuals;
• Manage a portfolio of members whilst developing and maintaining new commercial opportunities, taking opportunities to sell the services related to credits that MUGANGA SACCO offers;
• Expand and maintain the customer base of the firms’ loans recovery;
• Liaise directly with members, third parties and colleagues in departments to maximize collections performance whilst also ensuring good member outcomes;
• Provide technical and strategic advice about credit collection services and procedures, both externally and internally;
• Have an appropriate level of knowledge of all members’ business, background and circumstances and fully understand the client requirements;
• Verify that bad credit provisions are maintained and write offs managed in line with the MUGANGA SACCO policies and procedures;
• Working alongside colleagues across the firm, minimize litigation for existing members, resolve contractual disputes pre-proceedings and deal with contested matters up to trial;
• Record all time and report monthly about chargeable and non-chargeable members.
4. Skills & Competencies
• Judgment to balance commercial credit recovery and compliance risks to achieve positive outcomes
• Ability to build supportive relationships with everyone across the firm
• Knowledge of relevant legal requirements
• Good knowledge of MS Office and databases
• Good negotiation and persuasion skills
• Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines
• Team player
• Good time-management skills
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent communication and leadership skills with an ability to influence at all levels
• Excellent organizational skills
• Able to multi-task, manage time effectively and keep calm under pressure
• Advanced knowledge of accounting software.
• Good understanding of lending procedures.
• Advanced mathematical skills.
• Good IT skills and knowledge are essential.
5. Key Measurable Goals
• Low NPL rate
• Maximize credit recovery
• Design and regular update of credit recovery mechanisms and procedures
• Reduction of non-chargeable members
• Being Rwandan aged between 35 and 45 years’ old (ID Required);
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Banking, Finance, Law or a similar field.
• At least 7 years of experience in Financial institution (MFI or SACCO) as loan recovery officer, loan officer (Proof of experience is required);
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates should submit soft copies of the motivation letter, CV and copy of required degree, other important documents and Maximum of 3 persons of professional references addressed electronically to the Director General, Muganga SACCO Head Office, 1st floor of the Silverback Mall, latest 26/07/2023 at 5:00 PM on the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Questions/clarifications may be requested by email to the following email address: email@example.com
• Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for Interview.
• Done at Kigali, on 29/06/2023
• Claudine UWAMBAYINGABIRE
• Director General
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.