Deputy Executive Director Administration and Finance (DEDAF)
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2020
Date Posted: Monday, February 03, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
UNABU seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced Deputy Executive Director in Charge of Finance for financial and administrative services for UNABU and will provide strategic organizational guidance to further develop UNABU as a financially sound organization. The Deputy Executive Director in Charge of Finance will provide strategic organizational leadership in planning, supervise and or conduct all financial operations, and manage the administrative performance for UNABU. S/he will serve as a key member of UNABU staff team responsible for the project’s administrative and financial management and reporting, human resources, and procurement while ensuring compliance with UNABU’s donors’ regulations and agreements as well as local laws. Deputy Executive Director in charge of finance works closely with the Executive Director and the projects managers for fundraising .
Strategic Management and Leadership
• In collaboration with the Executive Director, the Deputy Executive Director in Charge of Finance will be responsible for the strategic directions of UNABU.
• Support management of the organization’s strategic plan, budget and fundraising strategy.
• Supervise and mentor senior staff to ensure quality work and accountability.
• Ensure the operationalization and adherence to all UNABU and donors’ policies and procedures.
• Create a supportive environment that fosters personal responsibility and commitment to UNABU’s goals and values.
• Direct and manage the overall operations of the Rwandan Organization of Women with Disabilities.
• Oversee the financial management and be responsible for ensuring the quality and integrity of the systems and policies.
• Oversee all procurement and local contracting processes and ensure compliance with the organizational Procurement and contracts policies, donors’ procurement rules and regulations
• Oversee human resource management at the Rwandan Organization of Women with Disabilities supervise human resources personnel to develop and ensure that all personnel are managed in compliance with manuals and local labour laws.
• Support and oversight to the team in all program fundraising, planning and budgeting
• Coordinate the process of preparation of financial reports to be submitted to donors and General Assembly
• Contribute effectively to the overall strategic visioning, conceptual development, planning and monitoring of UNABU’ work.
• Ensure accurate project budgeting and expenditure projections, quarterly financial analyses (projections against actual) and the development of annual operating plan budget for approval by UNABU’s board and General assembly ;
• Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance team and senior management team; assess any changes necessary.
• Update and implement all necessary policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
Human resource Administration
• Coordinate UNABU’s staff and consultant recruitment plan and process
• Organize capacity building sessions for UNABU’s members and staff in relation to finance and administration as well as various policies ;
• Coordinate in collaboration with accountant monthly payroll and other payments requests related to procurement and acquisition of services
• Ensure UNABU’s staff files are appropriately filed and updated
Internal and External Relations
• Facilitate internal processes for UNABU staff that build skills and commitment to organizational values and social justice.
• Demonstrate effectively, values-driven leadership to all UNABU staff.
• Foster a conducive environment that is transparent, accountable and supportive.
• Work collaboratively with the Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director in charge of programs and project managers on strategic decisions and leadership of UNABU.
• Represent UNABU at national processes and events in Rwanda and beyond.
• Contribute to maintaining UNABU’ good strategic relationships and partnerships at the national and international level in collaboration with the Executive Director.
• The Deputy Executive Director in Charge of Administration and Finance will lead all UNABU’s operations and oversee programming. S/he will report to the Executive Director of UNABU.
• The Human resources and administration officer, an accountant will report directly to the Deputy Executive Director in Charge of Administration and Finance
Job Skills: Not Specified
The successful candidate will demonstrate effective financial management experience in national and international NGOs as well as proven experience in accounting, administration and procumbent. S/he should possess:
• Master’s degree desirable
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or similar field required; Minimum of five (5) years of experience in financial management and administration, grants management and contractual technical assistance services experience also highly desirable. Your application will not proceed if this criterion is not met
• Minimum of three (3) years working experience in a supervisory role related to accounting, payroll, procurement and logistical support services;
• Work experience providing contractual and financial oversight to UK Aid and UN-funded projects;
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment;
• Detail-oriented, and ability to prioritize tasks and support program implementation while ensuring adherence to required policies and protocols;
• Rwandan nationals, persons with disabilities and especially women with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Additional skillsets/experience in budgeting, forecasting, business planning, procurement, contract management, management of statutory audits and tax reporting Technical skills:
• Strong report writing skills and fluent communication skills in English, as well as Kinyarwanda, required
• Accounting/audit certifications highly preferred;
• Advanced Excel skills and experience with accounting software like Quickbooks required;
• Kinyarwanda, French and English language fluency (oral and written) is required.
• Computer literacy: Microsoft word, spreadsheet, PowerPoint, Internet,
• Disability and gender responsiveness
• Ability to work in a team
• Attention to details
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Demonstrate a high level of integrity, transparency, serving as a role model for others
• Good interpersonal and social collaboration ;
• Strong analytical, organization and decision-making skills.
• Good communication skills in English, French, and Kinyarwanda.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Make sure you fully meet the requirements and provide your CV along with your education certificates, cover letter stating why you are the best candidate for this position, and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 February 2020 at 12:00pm Kigali time. UNABU team will not be able to respond to any inquiry addressed to UNABU through phone calls and or email for this purpose.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.