Deputy Finance Manager
Jobs at:Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, November 17 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, November 04 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• NPA is currently seeking a Deputy Finance Manager. Deputy Finance Manager is required to assist Finance Manager in ensuring sound financial management of the Rwanda programme, to ensure the overall coordination, leading and supervision of all functions in the finance management and procedures, capacity building of finance and non-finance staffs on financial matters, internal and external financial accounting and reporting including audits, financial grant management and compliance, and providing support to strengthening of partners capacity to perform strong financial management. The position supports the designs, improvement and maintaining effective financial systems and processes to ensure that funds are used in the best possible way by enforcing adherence and compliance with NPA internal control measures and procedures.
• The position is based in Kigali with travel to other areas as required.
Summary of the Position:
Financial Management and Accounting:
• Ensure that the NPA Rwanda programme financial accounting environment is in compliance with NPA policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations and legal requirements.
• Ensure the overall accuracy of financial information recorded in Agresso ledgers to facilitate accurate financial reporting to HO, donors, program teams and other stakeholders.
• Preparation of monthly total balance reconciliations (banks, imprest, and other balance sheet accounts) and ensure that promptly uploaded to Share Point.
• Ensure financial records and transactions are adequately supported as per NPA Documentation Policy and Document Retention Policy, local laws and donors’ documentation requirements.
• Review payment requests including requests for accruals to ensure that they are all properly supported, accurately coded and that there are budgets availability prior to final approval.
• Ensure that voucher forms are prepared for all processed transactions prior to Agresso posting.
• Ensuring that all process transactions support documents are properly filed and archived in a manner that facilitate easy retrievals for both audits and other review purposes.
Treasury and Liquidity Management:
• Monitor and oversee the operation of the bank and cash accounts, ensuring that an optimum liquidity level is maintained at all time.
• Review cash forecasts submitted to ensure that they are accurate and based on proper cashflow planning and expenditure needs.
• Ensure that monthly bank and cash reconciliations are performed in accordance with the bank and cash reconciliation procedure and ensuring that they are timely uploaded on Share Point.
Planning, Budgeting and Budgetary Controls:
• Provide support to the Finance Manager and Country Director in Planning, Budgeting and Budgetary Controls.
• Provide support in preparing new and amendment project budgets by making sure that reasonable estimates of cost and ratios are used in the budgets.
• Ensure that Agresso budget structure are properly established for all new projects and as required amendment structures are created each time necessary budget amendments are made.
• Monitor grant agreements to ensure spending is within the approved budgets and the approved project periods.
Support to Internal and External Budgetary and Financial Reporting:
• In close collaboration with the Finance Manager, oversee the month and year end financial closure process and coordinate the timely resolution and or explanations of all open transactions.
• Support the timely preparation and dissemination of monthly financial management and budgetary reports (BVAs) based on program and management team needs.
• Support to the Finance Manager in the preparation of financial reports to HO, donors, auditors and government entities based on NPA policies, country laws and donors’ requirements.
Internal Control Compliance and Risks Management
• Ensure the highest level of compliance through Internal Control Compliance and Risks Management.
Staff and Partner Capacity Building
• Assist partner review through PFAT (partners financial assessment tool) once a year and identify gaps that needs NPA’s support, design and implement capacity development plan for each partner and with track performance improvement with relevant teams.
• Undertake joint assessments and support partners organizational development and capacity building in terms of financial management in collaboration with programme team.
• Work closely with the programme team to conduct capacity building /trainings for partners in relation to finance management gaps identified from PFAT and joint monitoring visits.
• Assess, develop and improve partner financial management practices and procedures to ensure that their internal controls and policies are respected and complied with.
More details are available in the attached Job Description.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration and other relevant fields.
• Technical experience as a successful Deputy or Finance Manager, overseeing complex multi-donor funds and local partners with documented good results.
• At least 5 years of experience as a successful Manager, preferably with another INGO or similar.
• Experience managing multiple grants with a total turnover of more than US$ 5 million.
• Demonstrated skills in developing and overseeing large budgets, analysing spending against budget, and internal and external reporting as required.
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to details.
• Advanced excel skills and other computer packages.
• Experience working with and building the financial capacity of Civil Society Partners.
• Experience in fundraising and maintaining good donor relations, excellent analytical skills, high attention to detail required.
• Strong managerial and leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and build the competence of staff and achieve results through others.
Desirable (will be an advantage, but are not requirements):
• Experience with accounting software, preferably Agresso or similar.
• Willingness and ability to regularly travel domestically in support of NPA objectives.
• High level English language proficiency, both written and oral.
• Good understanding of ICT-systems and experience with MS Office applications, including Excel.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates should submit an application letter detailing why they are interested in the position and an updated CV including contact telephone number, education qualifications and contact details of three professional references to:
• Norwegian Peoples Aid (NPA) Rwanda
• By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• NB: We regret to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.