Director, Communications & Public Engagement
Jobs at:African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS)
Deadline of this Job:
30 September 2021
Date Posted: Friday, September 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
As the ideal candidate, you will lead the AIMS network’s communications teams (Secretariat and Centers), provide trainings, and ensuring overall quality and coherence of the team's communications and outreach materials and initiatives, you will also oversee and provide regular trainings to network staff and implementing partners where applicable on the appropriate use of branding and coordinate information dissemination, media outreach, and public events within the Network in collaboration with the Centers, Secretariat, and technical staff.
Qualities and education
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (preferred) in communications, journalism, public relations, or related field required along with 10+ years of relevant experience at a management level;
• Significant political and media network in Africa and globally;
• Must be a self-starter with natural leadership and team building abilities;
• Articulate communicator (written, verbal and visual) with exceptional English language skills; French language skills are a desired advantage;
• Flexible to adapt to a dynamic, evolving environment alongside a growing team of uniquely diverse professionals;
• Ability to understand and adapt behaviour to a decentralized governance structure working with local Communications expertise at centre level for harmonization and quality assurance across the network;
• Self-sufficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and savvy with web-based applications (Dropbox, Google, Skype, Social Media);
• Familiar with the political, social, economic, and cultural context of working in Africa;
• A genuine interest in STEM education and research.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.